Sun Coral??

gilligan50

I have heard a lot of varied opinions about keeping these, the most common seems to be what Oceana said in a different post, which is with a little special care they are fairly hardy. I don't think I would have a hard time direct feeding them, just don't know how often you are suppose to feed them. ANYWAY, I wanted to know from sun coral owners what their experiences have been and what they did to care for them, really thinking about getting one, they are beautiful.

fisherson

I don't know if it helps but i take a cube of mysis and put it in a turkey baster with some water. I have a nano so i shut off the powerhead and filter and slowly squirt the sun coral with the food. If i do it slow enough it's like a cloud of food around the sun coral and i do that 2 days in a row than skip a day or 2. after i squirt the first time i suck up the mysis on the ground and squirt it again.
Not sure though if you have a bigger tank that turning off the flow for 1 minutes is a hassle

D

dogpoor

I feed mine every 2 days. Beautiful and growing new polyps.

drew2005

Originally Posted by revjaxson
Feeding mine cyclopeeze about 3 times per week. No big deal. Doing fine.

Which cyclopeeze are you using? Freeze dried or wafers? Just curious cuz im getting a sun coral and wanna know which food is better and/or easier to feed.