Sunday Afternoon 12-pack

murph145

really nice too!!! what kind of lighting are u running on your tank??
i really want to do some MH's im just affraid of the heat they might put out under my canopy.... i might try it i have my PC right now that 2 3" comp fans cool down and do a good job i wonder if they can do ok with the MH's???
i love the clam i would like to get one when i get better lighting.... :joy:

druluv

My tank is 48L X 24W X24H
Thanks Murph :hi
I use a dual 400W HQI Ballast with radium bulbs, 1 vho atinic, 3 NO Actinics, 1 NO 20K bulb. I know funny combination. But I like it, I will change to 50/50 vho bulbs in a couple months though. The Tank is cooled by a 1/2 HP pacific coast chiller.

murph145

how much was your chiller??
where did u locate it?? id like to stay way from getting one but im thinking im guna need too....
i was thinking of just getting 2 175W 20K MH retro's for my canopy that way i could still keep my 2x65W dual 10K & 6500K day light and then my 2X65W dual actinic 03 & 02 bulbs then i also have a 28W T-5 fit in the back that i could keep too thats a 7100K light
so if i did that it would be 638 total watts over my 100G i hear people say get the 250's for the MH's but im affraid of the heat and i wonder if i would really need the 250's my LFS has 3 175's over there 200gallon shallow cube tank and there stuff does good... so im wondering...
what do u think dru??
thanks

druluv

Here's A couple more: :joy: :jumping:
Some updates:
Wish me luck on the a.Nana, got him on sat.
I'm trying the trigger too. Please don't hate me
I have had the blue polyp for more then a couple months, now the body is turning slight green. It would be pretty cool if it does
My black tang recovered from ich. :hilarious

druluv

The last coral is the rarest out of my whole tank. Its called a (steve tyree) blue chalice, it is a hard coral for me to take pics because the coral is sky blue, and my tank has a lot of blue lighting. I have been looking for a sky blue sps for a long time, and I found it. Happy hunting for every one. Still looking for a red and blue superman danea!!!!

druluv

Originally Posted by murph145
how much was your chiller??
where did u locate it?? id like to stay way from getting one but im thinking im guna need too....
My chiller was about 500 - 600 dollars. If you can fit one in your budget I'd buy one.My tank temp can rise very fast in the summer time. I feel that temp control is just as important as any other parm in our reef tanks.

i was thinking of just getting 2 175W 20K MH retro's for my canopy that way i could still keep my 2x65W dual 10K & 6500K day light and then my 2X65W dual actinic 03 & 02 bulbs then i also have a 28W T-5 fit in the back that i could keep too thats a 7100K light
so if i did that it would be 638 total watts over my 100G i hear people say get the 250's for the MH's but im affraid of the heat and i wonder if i would really need the 250's my LFS has 3 175's over there 200gallon shallow cube tank and there stuff does good... so im wondering...
thanks
what do u think dru??
How high and wide is your tank?
I really don't concern my self with total watts, I think about intensity and coverage. As far as heat goes, once you upgrade heat will be a problem. I would go with the highest wattage you can afford. As you know with this hobby, you'll always looking to upgrade, and it is a blessing when you can use the same equipment while you are upgrading.
When your lighting is very intense, make sure you light acclimate your corals so that you don't further stress them out. :thinking:[ /b]

druluv

Originally Posted by GregM779
Great pics and awesome corals.
A Niger Trigger in a reef are you crazy, nuts????

Thanks Greg and Irish for the comments.
Maybe you and I can dispel the myth that certain triggers are reef safe.
The trigger is just too beautiful of creature not to take a chance on it. Like NM Reef says diversity is the key to a beautiful reef.

gregm779

Yeh, mine did make 4 pinholes in my finger the other day that bled for a little while but other than that so far so good.