Supreme Court to debate over another death penalty case

pontius

if the constitution does not explicitly say that capitol punishment is only for murder only, then the supreme court would be legislating from the bench to rule against Louisiana. this is another example of where the federal government doesn't belong...in state matters.

sciknen

they are also going over wether we have the right to bare arms...well its a case in washington because they cant have guns their but have one of the worst murder rates..but in parts of texas where almost everyone has a gun there is barely a murder rate

m0nk

While I'm not a proponent of the death penalty, I will say this:
Effectively that little girl's life will be ruined. She'll forever be in and out of therapy and may never regain any semblance of normality because of what was done to her. It's almost a fate worse than death... why should the punishment be less severe than if he had killed her?

jmick

I'd imagine a life in prison where other inmates know you are there for raping a child is something far worse then death...I say let him stay in prison till someone murders him.

aquaknight

In theory I would agree with that, but not into a flawed jail system we have, that has severe overcrowding issues and one we pay for. The thought I'm paying for his meals is really digusting to me.
I would much prefer a pit of tigers or tossing him into a starved shark tank.

aquaknight

Frikken lasers

Attached by a well supported elastic strap I imagine. Nothing that would possibly hurt the sharks.

oscardeuce

Execute the killer the same way he/she killed his/her victims. Show the same "mercy" to the killers they showed to those they killed.
Don't you mean "lasers"?

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Jmick
http:///forum/post/2566587
I'd imagine a life in prison where other inmates know you are there for raping a child is something far worse then death...I say let him stay in prison till someone murders him.

That would be true if, what they are convicted of became public knowledge. But I know a guy who's serving 18 years and his inmate friends do not even know why he's there, and it was s.e.x with a minor.
My personal feelings? If a person is not only useless to society, but a harm as well. And nobody except his own mother wants him on this planet, then zap him!
I nkn ow it sounds cruel, but nobody will hire him, nobody will trust him, he will eventually leach off the welfare system, and yet he has rights??!!
Child rapists or murders should get the death penalty IMO
Disgusting.

darknes

I don't know the details of the crime, but death penalty for ----? Though I'm usually pretty conservative, I say it's a bit harsh.

skipperdz

Originally Posted by Jmick
http:///forum/post/2566587
pedophiles are at the bottom of the foodchain in jails and prisons. if he is in general he wont last long. but if he is on death row i believe they are in solitary confinement. but im not positive on that last part.
pedophiles cannot change their behavior, they will always have the urge. its called RISA (recurrent intense sexual arousal), we all have it, BUT we dont have it for children, for example i have RISA for my fiancee. for a pedophile its a sexual disorder that never goes away. if he doesnt get capital punishment, he better have life with no parole because if he does get out he will search for a new victim, its only a matter of time, and castration does not work! chemical or physical. it does not take away the urge.

skipperdz

Originally Posted by Darknes
http:///forum/post/2568642
I don't know the details of the crime, but death penalty for ----? Though I'm usually pretty conservative, I say it's a bit harsh.
its an 8 year old girl! doesnt sound to harsh to anyone who has kids

nyyankeees

I hope they do execute him. Maybe it will set an example to all the child predators out there that if they violate a child they will be punished HARSHLY from now on instead of getting a slap on the wrist. In most molestation/ abuse cases the punishment these people recieve is a joke and their victims are left with a "life sentenence". They only usually get a worthy punishment if they kill their victims when they're done. In my opinion it's about time they started offing these worthless pieces of trash!

jennythebugg

Originally Posted by NYyankeees
http:///forum/post/2568692
I hope they do execute him. Maybe it will set an example to all the child predators out there that if they violate a child they will be punished HARSHLY from now on instead of getting a slap on the wrist. In most molestation/ abuse cases the punishment these people recieve is a joke and their victims are left with a "life sentenence". They only usually get a worthy punishment if they kill their victims when they're done. In my opinion it's about time they started offing these worthless pieces of trash!

i agre 1000%