swdummie

flower

I put the bag n the water for about 15-20 min then put it n tank
I do this also and have never had a fish die because of it so I seriously doubt that's the problem.
I agree...Saxman told me to do this with seahorses, the pollution in the bag is worse for the fish then the little bit of shock from being just dumped into the tank after temp acclimating. I'm convinced the problem is just an un-cycled tank, and our new member being in too much of a hurry adding more then 1 fish at a time. The solution is to get a good beginners book, the answers that we have been given from Swdummie, sounds like somebody just needs a little basic education on keeping a saltwater tank.

jay0705

I agree...Saxman told me to do this with seahorses, the pollution in the bag is worse for the fish then the little bit of shock from being just dumped into the tank after temp acclimating. I'm convinced the problem is just an un-cycled tank, and our new member being in too much of a hurry adding more then 1 fish at a time. The solution is to get a good beginners book, the answers that we have been given from Swdummie, sounds like somebody just needs a little basic education on keeping a saltwater tank.
There is no way if its a big diff in salinity it wouldn't be an issue. Temp acclimate alone is not sufficient

swdummie

I have 4 turbo snails and 6 blue and red leg crabs. My live rock dont have much of anything on them, allmost clean. Someone told me to put some purple up in their. What do yall think

jay0705

Agreed. The stuff on good rock, is sponge, clams, tubes, feather dusters, coraline alage, ect. None of those will shake off

jay0705

Honestly if u have crabs and snails living. Its not your water. Its you lol look up acclimating, then if u still have issues it maybe your fish source

jay0705

Ok I dont think these are your current issues but they may become some. Corallife is iffy, keep an eye on it. I won't tell you tops are horrible, some will. But u do want as much open space as u can have for gas exchange.
To your original question, do you use a hydro meter to measure your salinity?. If so these can widely vary on accuracy. So even if you think ur tank is the same as your lfs they may not be. Is your tank cycled? No idea, however chromis are hardy fish and if your not reading ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate, wouldn't likely kill them. Osmotic shock however would