SWF.com Anthias

I just wanted to show the anthias I bought recently from SWF.com.I took the plunge awhile back and ordered some from them.Very healthy stock,even the evansi which is considered a difficult anthias according to some websites is eating well.Only the Carberryi and Respendent was locally bought.
Male lyretail

Female lyretail

Dispars

Evansi

Bartletts

Top to bottom-male lyretail,carberryi,dispar

Resplendent

K

kat74

Stunning fish!!~
Absolutely gorgeous!~

To me, anthias are the most beautiful fish. LOVE them!! Unfortunately, I can't have any in my 29 gallon; too small, but we are hoping to get some in our 225 gallon tank in our lobby at work!~

Thanks for sharing!~

Thanks Kat and JP,there is a Desjardini sailfin,Powder brown tang and a mandarin.Thats it for now.I've really started taking a liking to anthias a little while back.I still like to try some Purple queens and sunset anthias too.Maybe even some of the more difficult kinds later on down the line.

azfishgal

BEAUTIFUL!!! I bought three Anthias from SWF, unfortunatley when they arrive two were DOA. It was not SWF fault though as FedEx had them in their truck for 8 hours before delivery........when it was 115 degrees out side!!!
The one female that did survive was beautiful and I had her for a few months, unfortunatley her and one other female faught all the time and they both died (I think having three females would have been better). So now I just have one male and he's doing great. It's my plan to have a school of at least 8 Anthias when I get a larger tank, WAY down the future.

(BTW, SWF honored their policy and gave me a full refund.
)

Sorry about your lost Azfish,I think winter time is better when it comes to buying fish online as long as it isn't sub-zero temperatures outside.I think 8 or more anthias is the way to go if people have a large enough tank.Even a mix of them,its cool how all the different anthias shoal together at times.When they get scared they all huddle together,looking like a bait ball.

isistius

i actually had a purple queen, that went about 2 weeks before starting to eat. finaaly got him to start eating cyclopeze. then i lost him when i xfered everything to a bigger tank. such a pretty fish.
then i moved on to the sunburst (fathead). i LOVE him. the colors are unreal. he eats very well now. started hin on live brine, then slowly over the course of a week i switched over to mysis. worked like a charm for me. i wish you luck.
gorgeous tank btw.

azfishgal

Originally Posted by reeffreakgeek
Sorry about your lost Azfish,I think winter time is better when it comes to buying fish online as long as it isn't sub-zero temperatures outside.I think 8 or more anthias is the way to go if people have a large enough tank.Even a mix of them,its cool how all the different anthias shoal together at times.When they get scared they all huddle together,looking like a bait ball.
You are right, I won't be ordering in the summer anymore. So it is ok to mix the different anthias together? I wasn't sure, but it sure looks pretty in your tank.

So far,it seems mixing the peaceful anthias has worked for me.Even though the lyretails aren't considered peaceful by nature,they are in my system.I would add them last just in case if you ever decide on getting some.
Thanks everyone

eaglephot

Those are GORGEOUS!

I don't really know Anthias very well. What are they all? I would love to purchase some from SWF.com!

m0nk

Very nice! Anthias always seem to give such a realistic feeling to a reef tank, since it's the most noticeable fish I always see in the reef documentaries. I'm' thinking of getting some for the 180 but haven't decided. Do they all need added at the same time to school?

azfishgal

Originally Posted by reeffreakgeek
So far,it seems mixing the peaceful anthias has worked for me.Even though the lyretails aren't considered peaceful by nature,they are in my system.I would add them last just in case if you ever decide on getting some.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Originally Posted by peter1215
can i add a group of anthias to my 210 that has a niger and a sargassum trigger?
I'm not familiar with triggers.My guess is no because of there small size,not sure though.

Originally Posted by m0nk
Very nice! Anthias always seem to give such a realistic feeling to a reef tank, since it's the most noticeable fish I always see in the reef documentaries. I'm' thinking of getting some for the 180 but haven't decided. Do they all need added at the same time to school?
Anthias would look great in your 180.You don't have to add them all at the same time.I added all them at different times the past 6 months or so.Best to add lyretails last with 1 male and 1 female or 2 females.