swf.com- flame angel

flamehawk

Has anyone ordered a flame angel from swf.com? How long have you had him? I understand they are from Hawaii and thus are collected properly. Havn't gotten any responses to this when included in another post. Can it be that no-one has purchased a flame from swf or that no one has had any luck w/ them??

wamp

I ordered one for a friend. He is still doing well in his tank. I neer had one. To nippy on corals for me.

plum70rt

YES I have one from here about a month now, very nice comes out all the time not shy at all,also got a real nice Blue spot tang in the same order, also very very nice:)

striker

It's been over 3 months since I've had mine and it is doing great. It's little territorial and had caused the demise of my favorite brain coral by picking at it. Otherwise I'm very happy with my purchase.

blueberryboomer

flamehawk, I know this is not really what you wanted to know, but we bought one almost a year ago, but it was from another on line store. Lisa

rane

Lisa, You have that Angel under your sig in a reef tank? I thought they werent reef safe? does it damage your reef at all?

blueberryboomer

Rane, the Angel under my sig. is my Emporator Angel, he is in the reef with the flame and a half black angel. The only one I have a problem with is our Emporator angel, he has a taste for certain coral, mainly anmones.

with flame angels you have a 50/50 shot. Some will bother corals and some wont. I have several tanks but only one of them is a reef. If it starts to pick the corals, I will just put it in another tank.
Always have a backup plan
:D

flamehawk

Still need more feedback on swf FA purchases ......it can't be that no-one has had an FA swf purchase for a long period of time???

flamehawk

Can't believe so little long term experience w/ swf. com flame angel puchases. Ok...how about any long term succes w/ flame angels. Would love to hear your secret.

I've had mine in for about 18 months. He is in my 90 reef and really doesn't bother anything. He eats well and swims around peacefully. Purchased at LFS where he lived for about a month before I bought him. Eating well and looking good right from the get go.
FWIW, a reef friend bought one about 3 years ago and it picked constantly at the corals and bullied other fish. He removed the fish and put it in his FO with bigger bullies and Mr. Flame Angel got an immediate attitude adjustment. The flame still lives in the FO and minds his P's and Q's. Eats well and appears to be comfortable.

wamp

The flame I ordered for a friend is about a year or so old. As I said earlier, I got it from here.
It dosen't really matter where you get it. If it is haelthy fish and your water is good, it will live. You have just as much chance getting a sick one from anywhere.

flamehawk

Disagree Wamp. Tankconditions, holding period, diet , etc. matter. In addition , I've also been told and read that FA's collected from Hawaii are net caught and are more likely to be caught w/o cyanide then other southeast asia sites and thus a better survival rate. So as I said , this all started with wanting to know if SWF FA's are caught off Hawaii shores and if so what has been the long term success. It's a rather easy inquiry which has not seemed to have had alott of responses which again leads me to believe that there are not alott of long term success w/ these fish.
I'm pretty much done w/ this thread and have gotten what I was looking for. Thanks to all.