SWF.com newbie tank

ladyhart77

Beautiful Razor!! I really enjoyed your pics and congrats on the sucess. I hope I have the same sucess after some time! Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

T

tizzo

I'm so jealous!!! Hey, we have the same refractometer... one day you'll have to show me how to use it. Never even took it outa the box yet!! But as always, nice tank!!!:yes:

razoreqx

Originally posted by Tizzo
I'm so jealous!!! Hey, we have the same refractometer... one day you'll have to show me how to use it. Never even took it outa the box yet!! But as always, nice tank!!!:yes:

lol.. Break it out of the box.. its a great tool!!

samantha68

That's sweet!!! Looks great keep updating your pics for us please.It's always nice to see pics and get ideas or just enjoy the different styles of tanks :) keep it up

razoreqx

Originally posted by Sharkbaite

Razor your'e just a naturale at this man.
You have too e.mail me and tell me all your secrets
thor6932@aol.com please i beg of you. :D

I wish I had secrets.. Its just a lot of knowledge from reading these, and other forums, books, and good ole "Trial and error".
(though Im happy to say I havent killed anything!)
I have a very small reef setup with a 90g display and 20g refugium. I often thought about making a larger reef but I guess im happy as it is...
When I built my second tank I decided on a tang tank. A 240g display. This was for few choice tangs such as the Naso, and regal.
This also was the start of my 400g sump / refuguim which I built in the basement in a rubbermade.
On this system I have added a 120g Aggressive tank,
and a 75g aggressive tank.
I plan to continue to keep the reef on its own backend system.
You can email me if you dont feel you get a good answer from here at kesselj@greenapple.com I'll be happy to take a stab at any questions you have. But I think there are some damn increadible people on this forum who have been doing this a hell of a lot longer than me :)

razoreqx

Originally posted by benj2112
RazorEQX - Are you still "draining" the bottom contents of your dsb? How is that going if you are?

Yea still doing that for my bi-weekly water changes.. its going great. I have yet to see Nitrates or phosphates of any detected levels.
Though my tests are only a few months old thus far.