Swimming Worms In Aquarium?

donna2933

I was looking in my reef tank last night and all the lights had been turned off for some time. I got a flashlight and was just looking to see what I could find that was new. I noticed a lot of worm type things swimming around in the tank and they would come up to the glass where the light was. What could these be? Do the starfish that are in the rocks (see their legs hanging out at night) ever come out of the rocks. I did not see the swimming worms during the day today. Must be a night thing for them.
Thanks

Do they look like tadpoles? Before I put my clown's in my tank I had a couple that would come out during the day but then when i put my clown's in(first fish) they ate them.

ironreef

could be anything describe it better. it could be epotoke(sp) a way bristle worms reproduce. It could be anything.

donna2933

IronReef
The body of the worms are white and real small. I cannot see any feelers or legs. The body is not transparent but is solid white. You can see tiny eyes on them. Could they possible be baby fish? I've never had any fish to breed in my tank but I do have a mated pair of clowns. I've never see any baby fish eggs so I don't know if this is what these things are or not.
That's all I need is a tank full of bristle worms!
Thanks
[ September 30, 2001: Message edited by: donna2933 ]

donna2933

SammyStingRay
No they do not look like the shrimp you had pictured. They look more in the lava stage. I just looked in the aquarium and I do not see them tonight. The eyes do not glow like shrimp but you can just see small eyes. Sorry I can't give info but the body is solid white.
Thanks

pat

hey if you go to page 2 of this section, Funkincredible's post "is this a worm or what"......try reading that..sound more like what you got???? i found one the same day that he did and from talking to him, sounded like we had the same thing, except mine got sucked in the overflow and probably chewed in the return pump. but read that post and lemme know

donna2933

IronReef
They move pretty fast so maybe it is bristle worms. I haven't seen them in a couple of days.

ironreef

they just relase eggs and sperm and only live a few days. I reccommend modern coral reef 3 has all kinds of bugs worms ect.. more than anyother book with colored pics.