Swollen Ricordea

mikeo5422

Maybe I am just over reacting but today I noticed about 75 - 80% of my ricordea were very swollen. All water parameters are normal and have been stable for some time. I have seen one or two swell every now and then but I never really thought anything of it. Anyone know if this is common? Almost all of them are in the process of splitting and I know that usually has some kind of impact on their structure and inflammation. Maybe its just the splitting? Maybe I'm just over reacting?

mikeo5422

I believe the swelling was natural as they have been and are currently fine. Interestingly enough, I took a salt reading today and it was almost at 1.028 on my hydrometer. All the signs were there but for some reason I just didn't test the salinity. I have some nice duncans (that had previously been doing very well) close up for about 3 - 4 days, my snails were incredibly lethargic, and some of my other coral was just not opening all the way like they usually would. Sure enough I botched the salinity on my last water change. Back to normal now! I should have brought it down slowly...not sure what I was thinking but I hope it turns out okay. Its now at 1.026 so it went down a bit over a point.