Taking buckets to grocery store to get RO water

meleerock

Does anyone do this? In the past I have just taken a few 5 gallon drinking water drums to the grocery store. Well I dont have those any more and was wondering if it would be odd to bring in 2 5 gallon buckets and fill them up with water. It seems like it might be slightly akward and people might not think it is sanatary I guess. Keep in mind I have only used the buckets twice and are clean. This is an odd thread I know, but does anybody do this?

R

reefernana

I have a 6 gal. container with a nozzle that I bring to a RO/DI little station that's located in our little store's parking lot. It's called a "Windmill Water Station" and it only costs .25/gal. Not sure if these are country wide but they're all over here in CA. Wouldn't hauling buckets get a little messy???

renogaw

can go to a sporting goods store or even walmart or something, and get 5gal water jugs with taps, or even those coleman water baloons for when you go camping, if you think there's an issue with the open container. i'd be afraid of spillage.

seasalt101

or just go to the local water delivery place if you ask them they will usually give you some they have tons of them in there yard at least the one i worked at did...tobin

zman1

Unfortunately, it would take over 2.5 years for a ROI on a 14 gal tank even at $150 unit. Average 5 gallons a month top-off and 20% water changes, that's 30 months. Not sure the per gallon cost if it's like the second poster $.25 per gallon (I used $.60 * 8 gal = rounded $5 a month for ROI). Again if your plans are only for the tank and not also human consumption then buying at the store while shopping isn't that costly....

ophiura

I used to do it, but I got a used Kent RODI for $75. MUCH more convenient, when you consider the time, gas, effort versus the convenience? IMO ti was one of the best decisions I made for the tank.