Tank Reincarnation

sweatervest13

Heck ya.. A new camera would be pretty cool. I got a Cannon (DSLR, but don't know the model off the top of my head) for Xmas and like it. But I don't know what the heck I am doing.
Southern Wolf, when are you teaching a camera class?? I would join, and I think a few others would as well.

I don't mind teaching a camera class. I've been shooting since I was 14 (now 39) and for a while I also worked as a semi-pro photographer. Just never made the leap to full time pro because my other business got in the way.

gemmy

Here is my 2 month (I think it has been two months) review of the lights:
Issues:

• Power supply burns me when I touch it and smells like melting plastic*

• One fan is dead*

• T-joint cable has a loose connection*

• Mounting for controller is flimsy

• Rail kit leaves a little to be desired
    *Coralvue is sending me replacements of these items and they will no longer be issues
    Pros:
    I LOVE how the corals look
    I can keep a wider range of corals
    My tank temp is now more stable
    Easy to program
    I really like the coloration of the LED's
I really like my fixture and so does my tank. I am really happy with the decision I made. Thanks for the suggestion Corey!

gemmy

Woohoo!! I got the new power supply, cable and fan. The fan works perfectly. The new power supply is huge compared to the old one. I think it is bigger than my halide ballast. I'll post pics later. I'm shocked that the stuff came via Fed-Ex on a Saturday. I'm pretty sure Saturday Fed-Ex deliveries cost more.

gemmy

Here are the two power supplies. The left is the old one and the right is the new. Quite a difference. The new one came with lots of warnings not to get it wet.

slice

Wow Krista!
What a reincarnation from what it was!
Congrats on your success!!
-still waiting for that facebook bikini pic...

rickross23

Wow Krista!
What a reincarnation from what it was!
Congrats on your success!!
-still waiting for that facebook bikini pic...
Me too slice! Hahahaha

btldreef

The tank looks great Krista!
Any secrets to the success of your elegance? I can not keep one alive to save my life!