tank stocking

btldreef

NO ANGELS, large or dwarf with a lion.
A dwarf angel can go with clowns in a 75G tank, but not with the lion.

If I wanna breed clowns, what species? Also is it difficult to crossbreed maroon clowns with different clowns to make morphs? Also if i wanted to breed clowns, could i still have the flame Angel?

S

smallreef

No.. she's just stating a point that was made multiple times to someone who kept asking the same question.
If anything she was being kind.. we could all say,, "yeah go ahead and do that" and let the tang suffer and the OP doing it lose money over and over again because we didn't give correct advice

luvmyreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkeepingPRO http:///t/389245/tank-stocking/20#post_3439237
If I wanna breed clowns, what species? Also is it difficult to crossbreed maroon clowns with different clowns to make morphs? Also if i wanted to breed clowns, could i still have the flame Angel?
Ok, I'll answer......Are you serious??? NO. You do not mix maroon clowns with any other clown. And yes, you can keep a flame angel with clowns.

artemk

Seems to me that your trying your best to irritate people by asking same questions......
CLOWNS AND LION FISH DONT MIX. PERIOD.

S

smallreef

Well not to spur on the OP.. BUT IF you get a maroon clown FEMALE that is HUGE (I had one that was almost the size of my fist) then yes..
but unless you can find someone who has one that is that big (not to easy to locate.. though if someone is taking down a tank possibly)
SO.. the answer is maybe.. but you also need to know that Maroons are the MEANEST of all clowns.. mine used to BITE me.. and not a cute little nip
like my triggers did.. I mean bite, rip my latex gloves and draw blood.. they are not fans of someone being in their space (especially when they get that big...)
and you cannot have 2 in there,,, if you did 2 big ones.. one would kill the other.. and if you tried to do a smaller one and a large one.. the smaller one would be lionfish food..
OH also to mention,,, it might attack the lionfish if it swims to close to its home..
mine killed my Lunare wrasse when it was sleeping in the sand beside the maroons anemone...

btldreef

A maroon, tomato or clarkii clownfish would probably be okay a lion. I do not recommend the smaller species of clowns such as Percula and Ocellaris.
I actually recommend wearing gloves when working in the tank, especially if you'll be handling rock.

btldreef

As long as they're not powdered.
I'm allergic to latex, so I use the vinyl alternative, but my husband uses the regular latex ones all the time.

reeferchief

I've read also that maroon clowns are pretty mean, I have a small black clown who is pretty daring. When my hand goes in the tank he comes over and tries to nip me. I used to think it was funny until someone told me that when it gets bigger he will draw blood. He appears to be the "man" of the tank protecting his lady clown!

btldreef

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeferchief http:///t/389245/tank-stocking/20#post_3440893
I've read also that maroon clowns are pretty mean, I have a small black clown who is pretty daring. When my hand goes in the tank he comes over and tries to nip me. I used to think it was funny until someone told me that when it gets bigger he will draw blood. He appears to be the "man" of the tank protecting his lady clown!
Maroons are by far the most aggressive, especially the females. All clowns can be aggressive, they're part of the damsel family.
If you're being nipped, and it's the bigger clown, you're actually getting bit by the female. I've been bit a few times by perculas and ocellaris, they rarely draw blood, but it certainly doesn't feel good! I have a method that worked for me to get my clowns to stop biting me:
If you can, get another person to hold a fish net in the water when you're working in the tank. If the fish comes near your hand, chase it away (catch if possible)
Try to keep the fish to the opposite side of the tank with the net
Of course, don't stress the fish out too much with this
Over time, all you'll need to do is put that net in the tank while you're working and the clown will hide.

S

smallreef

Yep Latex Gloves.. you know the thick ones usually meant for cleaning..,. I buy a new package of them,,, and use them if i'm going to be moving rockwork and stuff around in my tank because of the biting and cuts and such..
I'm actually very allergic to fish bites, lol.. Who woulda known??

mark2011

hi, do you know led hydroponic light ? we are a professional of led hydroponic light manufacturer , the led could help your plant in your fish tank grow for flowering and fruiting stages. Big flowers, More buds, Bigger.if you interested it ,we can have further disscusion.