TDS Meter, water quality issues

btldreef

I've never seen this happen with a TDS meter so quickly. Earlier this week my TDS read 0ppm output and then all of a sudden this afternoon it's reading 11ppm. Input is 103ppm.
We run at least 5G (usually 15) of water through it a day, so it's not from sitting all week.
Could the filters really go bad that quickly? This is an Air Water Ice Typhoon 5 stage RODI unit.
Also, my dkH, which is always around 9-10 has all of a sudden jumped up to 13. Could this be a result of my water have TDS in it? I turned my Ca reactor off earlier in the week, because I thought that was what was causing the jump in the alk, but maybe not?
Corals all look fine, etc.
What chambers would you change? This unit is 7 months old now, so it would be the first time I'm changing the filters, curious to see which ones you would change.

bang guy

Is your water chlorinated? The Carbon block should be changed regularly (6 months) to prevent chlorine from damaging the RO membrane.
Did you test just the RO output?
My guess (WAG) is that your DI rosin is depleated. If it were me I would change everything except the RO membrane.

btldreef

We ended up changing everything because my LFS owed us $.
Funny, with my last 2 units I only changed my filters yearly. :-/