tell me about your brittle stars

• Thread starter angelofdeath132
  • Start date
A

angelofdeath132

are they easy to care for,thinking of getting one butr want to know as much as possible about them first!:D

A

angelofdeath132

could i keep a serpent star and a brittle star both in a 55?

N

newreefers

I have a brittle star but I feed mine a big piece of meat every 3 days, since I don't feed enough food to the tank for him to scavenge. He would starve if he had to scavenge for all his meals.

killafins

You want to talk to Ophioura... she knows alot of stuff that will help you out... make an additional post for her but make sure that you tell your stats, tank size and everything because she may be able to tell just the species for u.

mdhyde

actually take your new starfish and cut him into 5 equal pieces....in a month or so you will have 5 stars! :D
(sounds cruel but true I accidentally hacked off an arm and it grew into another starfish.......)

ophiura

NOOOOO!!! This is not true of those in question. Please do not suggest this, as I have been asked this question before, and no doubt people have tried it. It will not work for brittlestars! And it may not work for many species we keep (they are not healthy enough it many situation). For some, yes, it may work. But not for the animals in question! This is my worst nightmare! :eek:
What do you want to know about brittlestars? Killafins is correct, tell us about your tank size, age, water params, inhabitants, etc. This will help figure some things out! Keeping two, BTW, is not a problem unless you don't have much LR. And I do suggest that they are spot fed, unless in a tank with large fish where there is a lot of food in the system.