The new AI Vega

sweatervest13

I just read that the new AquaIllumination Vega's are coming out at the end of the month!!
The unit will sell for $499.00 per unit. It looks like you can customize with the colors you want. These are pretty cool units and considerably less then the Radions. Just a thought.

geoj

Yes, you buy one of the two base units and then would order new PowerPucks to customize. The old AI Sol and Sol Blue LED Pucks are $25.00 each. So if they kept that same price (and that is not likely) it would be $100 more, to completely customize.

sweatervest13

I am just excited to start seeing the higher end LED's coming down a little bit in price. Shoot, you should be able to get a Sol fixture for a great price.
I am still almost a year out before I even start looking at buying LED's. I have a hard time thinking about spending over $2000.00 on lights. I think my wife would leave me if I did.

geoj

:rotfl:
I learned something that may help with that when the time comes.
You see you loan the money to your buddy and he buys it for your birthday.
You see it is a gift she can't take it back. :))):

snakeblitz33

I would also like to get some LEDs for a 4ft tank that I am thinking about getting. I've had my eye on the Vegas for a few months now. I just gotta get some money together... who knows when that will be.

lol

Yeah, I would really like to get my hands on one, but I just can't afford three of them right now. LOL
I just keep looking at the videos in awe.

sweatervest13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol http:///t/392738/the-new-ai-vega#post_3490394
Yeah, I would really like to get my hands on one, but I just can't afford three of them right now. LOL
I just keep looking at the videos in awe.
That's the problem... If I could just get away with buying one unit.. but I would need three at least. A lot better then the Radions for the price IMHO.

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatervest13 http:///t/392738/the-new-ai-vega#post_3490398
That's the problem... If I could just get away with buying one unit.. but I would need three at least. A lot better then the Radions for the price IMHO.
I don't know. I'm still iffy about LEDs to be honest. I would really like to see some more long term results with different brands of LEDs.
I'm really liking the Radions as well for the price - and they have been in use for quite a while, so all of the little bugs and kinks are (hopefully) out of them.

acrylic51

I think LEDs have proven they can work; grow and thrive a reef tank....Radions.....what's there to love about the price.......