theres a crab on the loose!!

mr.clownfish

i got some new rocks (a lot) and i took out all my corals and inverts including my sally light foot crab and put them in a foam box, so i could rebuild my tank, it crawled out the first time and i found it in the middle of the living room. i put a lid over the top, i came back from school and i noticed the lid was moved. it came out and its some where in my house. i cant find him
i searched everywhere.
if my mom saw it she would have a heart attack

WHAT SHOULD I DO!?

meowzer

Originally Posted by Mr.clownfish
http:///forum/post/3001375
i got some new rocks (a lot) and i took out all my corals and inverts including my sally light foot crab and put them in a foam box, so i could rebuild my tank, it crawled out the first time and i found it in the middle of the living room. i put a lid over the top, i came back from school and i noticed the lid was moved. it came out and its some where in my house. i cant find him
i searched everywhere.
if my mom saw it she would have a heart attack

WHAT SHOULD I DO!?
More than likely it's already dead....so what can you do????

small triggers

VACUUM,,, you ll find it when you hear a crunch sound and make sure to use the attachments, and if your mom asks, say you just thought she would appreciate the help, and she will be none the wiser for your little lost friend

mr.clownfish

lol i found her! i thought it was dead i picked it up and it didn't struggle like it always did and it looked life less. i threw it in the tank and in like 30 seconds its legs stared to twitch and then it moved a little. i haven't seen it today all day. its somewhere under the rocks. im happy i found her.

E

eric b 125

how far did it make it from the foam box and how long was it out of the water (at least from the time you got home until you found it)?

tax lady

I live on the bay and I have seen blue crabs walking around on the ground several times, sometimes a few hundred feet from the water. They can stay out of the water for some time, don't know how long though, but probably a few days anyway. Don't know if these marine crabs would be any different. The bay is brackish water.
Just my .02

crypt keeper

when i was younger i had a pet maryland blue crab for a day before it died. It would scamper across the patio and hide. My father thought it was hysterical. Plus it keep us out of his hair while he steamed his family.