Think I need more Rock?

aceguitar1

Hi All!
This is my 12 Gallon NanoCube. I've had it for going on three months, and after looking at other people's tanks, I'm wondering if I need a few more pieces of live rock?
In the tank right now:
Ocellaris Clown
Green Clown Goby
2 Blue Leg Hermits
1 Emerald Crab
1 Peppermint Shrimp
2 Astrea Snails
2 Nass Snails
Any other suggestions for this tank other than rock while I'm at it?

meowzer

Maybe you could rearrange your rock....take the rock in front and put it with the back rock
leave the front of the tank open.....pile the other rock...know what I'm saying???

meowzer

Originally Posted by Aceguitar1
http:///forum/post/3152945
I hear ya. Is there a particular reason for that other than aesthetic appeal?
I guess it's just personal....I really like an open front...you can put a lot of stuff on the sand, and also the more rock piled (the right way) will enable you to place things in different ways....
I hope that makes sense....LOL

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3152950
haha, I hear ya. I appreciate the input. Anything you would add to the tank if it were yours?
LOL...it's not mine....so I can't answer that....
I would rearrange the rock....IDK what lighting you have (I forget) I would get some colorful zoas, different color ricordias...I could go on and on LOL

aceguitar1

Well, it's PC lighting. The people at the LFS told me I could handle a brain frag they have for sale right now, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. How difficult are they to handle?

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3152972
Well, it's PC lighting. The people at the LFS told me I could handle a brain frag they have for sale right now, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. How difficult are they to handle?
They are not difficult, BUT....PC would be LOW lighting....do your own research and make sure you only get LOW lighting need corals
if the lfs tells you different....do not listen
you can get zoas and mushrooms no problem

aceguitar1

Yeah... From what I understand I can handle leathers alright too... They sold me a hammer telling me I could handle it before I knew better, but so far it seems to be doing alright (knock on wood).

meowzer

It might do ok....I had a frogspawn that did amazing under a dual satellite in a 54G...you just never know.....I would not go out and buy one though...lol..it came with a tank and now is under T5HO's.
Just do your own research.....or ask....

aceguitar1

Yeah... I try to with everything before I buy it. However, I think I've been investing too much in the words of the LFS employees. So I have been on here more often asking questions, haha.

meowzer

http:///forum/post/3152993
Yeah... I try to with everything before I buy it. However, I think I've been investing too much in the words of the LFS employees. So I have been on here more often asking questions, haha.
I know it seems like we should be able to trust these "fish" store experts...lol....but remember.....they are trying to make a buck.....Some are respectable....I find I do a LOT more research from my NOTSO LFS in Texas.....LOL...BUT he is a decent honest guy

aceguitar1

Yeah, there's a store about two hours away from where I live who's owner is extremely knowledgeable (at least from my standpoint thus far). However, things other employees at other stores have told me seem to conflict with statements on this forums, and statements made by my out of town guy...

soviettaco

I think either you should stack some of your rock or get some new rock to stack in the back so that you have about 4 inches from breaking the surface of the water, make a slope
. Best thing to do is rearrange it a buch of times flip the rocks upside down put them on different angles, thats what I did in my tank and now I love it! I was going to buy more rock but the rearrangement made all the difference. Matter of fact here you go.
this is 12lbs of LR in both pics and all the same stuff minus on green blasto.
Before

After

The original placement was boring and now it looks a lot more natural and reef like, I think "ledges are key!".

jon_fiasco

IMO i dont hink you need more but i would try placing the rocks in different spots, just like meowzer i also like an open front... ive only got 14 lbs in my 20g and im still debating if i should buy one more piece decent sized... but your on the right track and remember its your tank do as you please and follow your heart, as gay as it sounds if you feel that you need more go out and buy more if your happy where your at now then dont do it....

soviettaco

Originally Posted by AQUAPOD 24
http:///forum/post/3153416
is that thing in the middle a hermit crab. if so it is HUGE!!!!!
Yep, an electric blue and he is the MOST BEASTLY CRAB I HAVE EVER SEEN, HE WAS SO BEASTLY I NEEDED TO GET HIM!!!

Rearrange the rock though aceguitar1.