Time To Have Some Fun...STOCKLIST!

Ok so here we go...
So after selling/trading/giving away some stock, having a bad ick outbreak in my tank, buying some bad stock and not using RO water which caused a few deaths I am going to restock here soon. I am MUCH wiser now and feel pretty confident I have learned pretty much what I need to know to keep these guys alive this time.
Tank specs: 72G bowfront, fully cycled, ~150 lbs of fully cured LR, Warner Marine H2 HOB Skimmer (rated for 80G), 2 modded Maxi Jets so flow is not an issue, canister filter (which I perform weekly maintence on) and 3" bed of LS. I am thinking of adding a HOB Fuge but even after adding way too many fish at one time when I intially started stocking I NEVER had a problem with nitrates.
I do NOT want an aggressive tank...
Here is what I already have right now
, and I want to hear some suggestions on what fish I can add. I do plan on eventually going towards the upper limit on my stocklist, I will just add them 1 at the time this go round.
1- Flame Hawkfish 2.5"
1- Blue Hippo Tang 3"
1- Cleaner Wrasse 3"
1- Coral Beauty Angel 3"
1- Sixline Wrasse 2"
1- Neon Goby .75"
1- Pink Spotted Shrimp Goby 3"
2- Engineer Gobies 2"
2- False Percula Clowns 2"
1- Clown Goby .75"

teresaq

I would forgo the Hippo, They get too big for your tank and are ick magnets.
Also forgo the cleaner wrasse. They not so good-instead pick a nice fairy wrasse
T
Also be sure your rock is sitting on the bottom for a eng gobie. They will dig out very lrg holes. and they get about 8 inch long

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/2870484
I would forgo the Hippo, They get too big for your tank and are ick magnets.
Also forgo the cleaner wrasse. They not so good-instead pick a nice fairy wrasse
T
What I listed is what I already have and I'm not going to get rid of them, especially the BH Tang. I know they are ick magnets but I'm going to see if I can defeat that.

teresaq

Originally Posted by LKGRenegade22
http:///forum/post/2870503
I bet your tank looks extremely empty then.

no, it doesnt, everyone gets along fine. I have 10 fish. so not too many less then you.
2 clowns
1 eng gobie
1fox face
1 firefish
1 pj cardinal
1 royal gramma
1 pygmy angel
1 bi-color blenny
1 clown gobie.
Just the right amount of fish. Eveyone has thier own little places.
T

spanko

1- Flame Hawfish 2.5"
1- Blue Hippo Tang 3"
1- Cleaner Wrasse 3"
1- Coral Beauty Angel 3"
1- Sixline Wrasse 2"
1- Neon Goby .75"
1- Pink Spotted Shrimp Goby 3"
2- Engineer Gobies 2"
2- False Percula Clowns 2"
1- Clown Goby .75"
The above is in the tank already?
When you say go to the upper limit of your stocklist how many more fish does that mean? The fuge is a good idea because as you add more fish you will reach a point somewhere that the bio filter is going to need some additional help in removing nutrients. (that is JMO)
You also need to have a plan to help releive the tank of overcrowding as the fish grow to their max. sizes.
The Flam Hawkfish will get to 4"
The Blue Hippo to 1'
The Cleaner Wrasse 5.5"
The Coral Beauty 4"
The Sixline Wrasse 3"
The Neon Goby 2"
The Pink Spotted Shrimp Goby 4"
The Engineer Gobies 1'
The False Percula Clowns 3"
The Clown Goby 1.5"
So as the fish size increases so does the bio load.

subielover

Sounds like you are fully stocked. I know you want to add more fish, but I think it would be too high of a bioload and detrimental to the entire tank. Like spanko said you must consider the full grown size of the fish you currently have.

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2870525
LKG got a picture of it now? Would really like to see FTS.
What's FTS? I have a pic from about a little over week ago on my home PC. I will post it later but it was from when I was taking the fish out to do hypo. G/f has my digital camera right now.
I already have a plan to upgrade to a bigger tank whenever I need too. I would do it now but don't have room for it right this minute. I am setting up a modular home in the next few months and I am going to incorporate an area for a larger tank. My next tank will be somewhere in the range of 220-440.

subielover

Sounds pretty awesome. I would probably just wait until you get the new tank setup though. Looking forward to seeing some pictures though.

FTS=full tank shot

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2870659
Sounds pretty awesome. I would probably just wait until you get the new tank setup though. Looking forward to seeing some pictures though.

FTS=full tank shot
Gotcha. Did you guys see the pics I posted when I 1st came on here? I have added over 50 lbs of LR since then but it would give you a general idea.

spanko

Agree with Subie, don't add more now, enjoy what you have, increase the inhabitants when you get the new one set up.

baileyaa

renegade,
what about a bi-color pseudo. if i were you i would look into getting a small group of green chromis (5).

Ok here's the full tank shot, but this one is a week or so old after I had taken the fish out. I had to move all the rock to catch them so the rock isn't arranged how I want it. I have the Warner running on my QT tank right now for the break-in period.

subielover

I think that is great to have over 2 pounds per gallon of rock in your tank. It will help, especially if the tank is overstocked.