Today in NFL

bjoe23

ya but..... seriouly? Phins 1-13, enough said. Giants, Eli, enough said. I really cant picture any1 beating them.

ruaround

Originally Posted by bjoe23
ya but..... seriouly? Phins 1-13, enough said. Giants, Eli, enough said. I really cant picture any1 beating them.

BSU over OU last year... 01 New England Over the 01 Rams... the 85 Dolphins over the 85 Bears... want i should list more???
besides they will have to play a team with a good record in the Div Playoff...

bjoe23

Originally Posted by ruaround
BSU over OU last year... 01 New England Over the 01 Rams... the 85 Dolphins over the 85 Bears... want i should list more???
besides they will have to play a team with a good record in the Div Playoff...
Boise was a real surprise and a great game I mite add. But the Pats in 01 and Phins in 85 (wasnt even born then) made it to the super bowl that year, Dolphins and giants are probably not.
In the playoffs the road gets tougher and tougher, by record Div playoff is usually the easiest for a #1 ranked team, Super Bowl and AFC are harder

ruaround

Boise was a real surprise and a great game I mite add. But the Pats in 01 and Phins in 85 (wasnt even born then) made it to the super bowl that year, Dolphins and giants are probably not.
In the playoffs the road gets tougher and tougher, by record Div playoff is usually the easiest for a #1 ranked team, Super Bowl and AFC are harder
no the dolphins in 85 beat the undefeated Bears in week 13... the Bears played the Patriots in the Super Bowl in the most lopsided win in Super Bowl history...
i was proving a point that teams that seem invincable do get beaten by unlikely opponents...

bjoe23

no the dolphins in 85 beat the undefeated Bears in week 13...
the Bears played the Patriots in the Super Bowl in the most lopsided win in Super Bowl history...
i was proving a point that teams that seem invincable do get beaten by unlikely opponents...
im sorry that i wasnt born yet

ruaround

im sorry that i wasnt born yet

lol... that means you missed "The Super Bowl Shuffle" and "The Patriots Are We"... two of the worst EVER songs...

digitydash

You all have to take in effect the weather.It takes that high powered pass game out of the mix.Any team can beat them on a bad weather day.They have not put up a huge amout of point since the weather has became bad.

pontius

this year's Patriots team reminds me of this year's LSU team....at the beginning of the year, they both looked unbeatable and were playing "scorched earth" football. but towards the end of the year, they've both looked very beatable.
the poster above me is right...the weather will take out the big passing game and the Patriots aren't that great a running team. having home field advantage throughout could actually work against them. on any given day, I think Indy, SD, or Jacksonville could beat them and I think there's an outside shot that Green Bay or Dallas could beat them. but at 14-0, it'd be hard to pick against them, all things considered.

bjoe23

The patriots look beatable but great teams find a way to win and the patriots do just that. Did Brady do good this week? no, but the running/ defence carried them. Thier defence is very underrated. I think all of you pick out the weakness of them and keep bringing it up. I can think of alot more weakness for the teams you mentioned that could beat them.

pontius

The patriots look beatable but great teams find a way to win and the patriots do just that. Did Brady do good this week? no, but the running/ defence carried them. Thier defence is very underrated. I think all of you pick out the weakness of them and keep bringing it up. I can think of alot more weakness for the teams you mentioned that could beat them.

ok. but just like my comparison with LSU. LSU looked pretty unbeatable....until they got beat. Jacksonville proved Sunday that they can beat a good team in the snow. they have 2 good RBs and Garrard has looked good when healthy and their D is nasty. and if it's going to be a snow game, I'd rather be SD with 2 good RBs than NE with Maroney and Faulk.
but like I said, it's hard to pick against NE because 14-0 speaks for itself. I'm just saying that they're NOT unbeatable.

happyvac

I think the Patriots will lose at some point, they're D is too old to keep up the pace. And it's not like they've been winning very convincingly these past few weeks (Steelers game notwithstanding...) I'd say they go 16-0 but don't win the SB.

rylan1

What's up with the Pro Bowl Snubs? Fred Taylor? And a few of my Browns should be there... Joe Thomas , Eric Steinbach, Derek Anderson, and Kellon Winslow. Jamal Lewis should be a reserve.

jerthunter

Originally Posted by Rylan1
What's up with the Pro Bowl Snubs? Fred Taylor? And a few of my Browns should be there... Joe Thomas , Eric Steinbach, Derek Anderson, and Kellon Winslow. Jamal Lewis should be a reserve.
I too think a few more of the Browns deserved to go, like Winslow and Thomas. Although I like the Anderson is winning games I don't think he is pro-bowl material, atleast for now. But Mr. Cribbs gets to go, which is great!

rylan1

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
I too think a few more of the Browns deserved to go, like Winslow and Thomas. Although I like the Anderson is winning games I don't think he is pro-bowl material, atleast for now. But Mr. Cribbs gets to go, which is great!
did you know there are 3 kent state players going to the pro bowl and an akron zip?

jerthunter

did you know there are 3 kent state players going to the pro bowl and an akron zip?
I did not know that. Of course Mr. Cribbs is one of the Kent State players but I do not know the rest.
Did you know that 0 CSU players are going since we don't have a football team.

rylan1

Didnt' CSU play Ohio State recently in b-ball?
James Harrison - Steelers
Antonio Gates - Chargers
Cribbs - Browns
Jason Taylor - Akron U - Miami

jerthunter

Didnt' CSU play Ohio State recently in b-ball?
James Harrison - Steelers
Antonio Gates - Chargers
Cribbs - Browns
Jason Taylor - Akron U - Miami
I believe they did, but I didn't watch or follow the game. I have to limit myself to one sport at a time, right now its football...

rylan1

how can the Pats go 19 - 0??? if they go 18 - 0 they would be Super Bowl Champions...
you know what I mean... 18-1 ...17-1 ... could very well happen