two seperate questions

opazen

1. My cbs is getting big and cranky, i want him out. how do i go about doing that?
2. ( a little more involved ) My mother has her heart set on a little black seahorse at the lfs. he looks healthy and is a good buy. now, i have a 250 gallon reef. i also have two very happy inhabitants, a banded pipe fish and the fattest little mandarin ive ever seen. they have the monopoly on the pod population. the question is can i appease my mother and get this sea horse. i dont have any agressive feeders, that and i rarely feed. i have lots of differant gorgonians for him to chill on in low currrent places but i want my mandarin to stay fat, so what do you think?

azonic

If you plan on adding ANY larger fish to your tank I would NOT get a seahorse....they are very fragile and should be kept in a species only tank. The mandarin should leave it alone....the pipefish I don't know because I'm not familiar with them at all....

azonic

oh...and to get your CBS out....well you have to catch him in a net....if you cant catch him, there are a lot of ways of baiting shrimp into bottles..do a search on the board for more info.
IF you use a net, be careful as they will release their claws if they feel threatened...dunno how good of a thing this is for them to do but i cant imagine its good, so be careful with him...i know this first hand....i tore the arm off my CBS when removing him..

opazen

i may have been unclear.... i also have aschool of assorted tangs, clowns blennies... so im guessin a no on the sea horse

flydan

Hey,
I agree that a sea horse should go in a species only tank.
You may have better luck catching your cb if you try and net it while feeding your fish. Mine always come charging out of the lr during feeding time and you may be able nab it then.
HTH,
Dan