TX Reef's 54 Corner Diary.....

tx reef

I am fixing to put one of my Atlantis Pink Polyp Montiporas in the new tank. I put a Superman frag in and it has been doing great for a week. If all goes well, all my SPS will be moved in this tank in about a week.
I will post pics tomorrow....

isistius

tx- i love how everything is coming along. i can't wait to see new pics with everything in the tank. what a treat.

tx reef

Well, I just finished putting almost all of my SPS in the new tank. I have about 10 pieces left that are all frags of the stuff I already put in. Some will recognize the Pokerstar (also known as a Supergirl) and the Superman montis. Also, I had a large piece of Atlantis Pink Polyp Monti Cap but it broke, so I ended up with 4 pieces, 2 of which are pretty good size.
Forgive me for the quality of the pictures...I did not feel like spending a lot of time on them tonight and almost all of my SPS are recovering so the color is not exactly what it usually is. Most of my pieces are Limited Editions and Tyrees.
Anyway, here are the pics......

azfishgal

Tank is looking good!

So what's happened to all our smilies? Some of my favorites are gone, like the cheerleader (which I was going to use for this post
). The "not sure" one is also gone, which I use a lot, because let's face it, I'm not sure most of the time.
We need more smilies, not less.

tx reef

Thanks for the comments. I checked on my tank at lunch and all my sps have normal polyp extension and appear to have recovered from the move....
I will get some better pictures this weekend. I have a guy from -- coming over this weekend to do a trade, so I want to wait until I get the new stuff to take any pics....

tx reef

Well, the guy I was trading with couldn't make it down this weekend...I guess he forgot it was Memorial Day weekend and had family plans.
I traded a couple of things at a lfs about 30 miles from where I live. They are the closest store that has sps.
I got an acropora that was kind of browned out, but has a purple hue to it. I am guessing it will color up real good in a couple of weeks. I also got an ORA rose millipora. I will post pics tomorrow once they have had time to adjust.
Here is a pic of some filter socks I just made. I used felt material and nylon thread. I will be able to make about 17 of them and the total cost was only $9.

tx reef

Here is an updated full tank shot and a few corals. I also posted these in the Photography Forum.
Enjoy!

azfishgal

Wow, those look very nice!!! Your tank is looking great!

OK, I have a stupid question, what do you use a filter sock for, carbon?

tx reef

I put it aound the hose that dumps into my sump from the display. This way it catches all the crud from the display so it doesn't get into the sump. i change them out every 2 days and then throw them in the washer without soap once I get a few piled up.

isistius

nice tx. i can't wait for the rock to color up, and the frags to get huge. great thread. and i'm still deciding on a ro unit. too many damn choices

reefboy12

Ok, WOW...this makes me want a corner tank instead of a huge 125 gallon...and my mom would prob let me buy one now instead of waiting...:]
-Kevin

isistius

Originally Posted by slappy
i like your canapy. i took the easy way out and just turned a stand upside down...

what an awesome idea!!!!

slappy

it worked out really good. kind of tight jamming lights in there but where theres a will theres a way...
ill try to post some pics if i can figure out how to make them smaller