up grading my tank have a few questions

coorsxman

hey there guys i just bought a 300 gal aqrilc tank and have a few questions.
1. i want to do a agress set up again and want to put shurks and maybe a sting ray in there is that possable?
2. i have a sf eel and a queen trigger, in my 180 now will they be able to live in there with the sharks?
3.Heres a dumb question i live on 2nd floor apt, and i have my 180 set up ,do u think a 300 will be to heavy? I do but i just want others ideas.
thx
ron

jim27

1. You could definatly keep a shark and ray in that tank. What are the dimensions(lxwxh)?
2. The queen trigger may be a problem for the shark and ray. You can try it, just be prepared to get rid of either the trigger or the shark and ray if/when the trigger starts picking at them.
3. Personally I'd be a little bit worried about the weight on a second floor apt. I'd check and make sure it can hold that much weight first.

squidd

Weight could be an issue...
Shark and Ray in 300?... Sounds O.K....
Trigger "Could" be a problem, be prepared to deal with it!
:cool:

bullshark

I had a 180 with at least 300lbs of LR in it as well as 4 inches of sand and a huge sump that held 30 gal all on the second floor. It was fine, except the time when the power went out and the tank half emptied itself because of the return line to the tank was too low, AND I did not have a one way valve installed in the line....
This happened after 7 or 8 years of salt fish keeping. I thought I knew everything then...
5 years and endless hours of research later taught me I still dont know everything.
Good Luck.
Keep the trigger, forget the shark.....