Update -- 4 months for my 55

doboy

I wish I had a better camera. Here are a couple pics. Thank you to all on this site who contribute. It's the reason I don't have a bunch of dead critters:cheer:

dogstar

:yes: Looks healthy. I like the orange zoos and is that a recordia ? Looks huge....:eek: ......Is that nemo in the flower pot ? coooool.

doboy

No. Here's the list:
1 Yellowhead jawfish
1 Royal Gramma
2 True percs
1 Coral Beauty Angel
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Derasa Clam
1 Hippopus Clam
1 Blue-green Ricordea
2 Orange ricordeas
Toad
Xenia
Zoos
Torch
Green Shrooms
Purple Gonipora (home to both clownfish)
Some yellow polyps and red polyps
conch
snails & crabs
2 peppermint shrimp
2 camel shrimp
1 big ugly bristle worm (about 7 inches)
80 lb live rock
4,233,987,876 grains of sand (that's a guess)

pyro

Great Looking Tank!
Hey, Doboy, did you catch that fish? I caught a 16lb one when I went out last year. We did a make up charter and me and my dad were the only 2 to show up - full day private charter for about $250. We had about a 150-175lb tuna online - but the darn thing bolted after we gafted it. The thing swam away with our gaft and the captain (no 1st mate) was still holding the remaining grip that pulled off.

stuckinfla

Definatly luv the Bull avtar. I hold the record here with a 42pd Wahoo. Hubby had a 6' sail in the keys, but broke the line....I still hold the record:jumping: !!!!!!!
Although.......he's heading on a four day Keys trip Next Wensday...................without ME!!!!!

doboy

Pyro,
Yes, I caught that fish. 2004 La Paz, Mexico. 46 lb. I go every year, and usually try and avoid fishing for Dorado (dolphin on the east coast). Sometimes, they are the only thing going.
I'm leaving for La Paz on June 13th this year. Before I go, I want to install a top-off system and an RO/DI. That way, I only need to ask the neighbor to feed the fish every couple days.
Stuckinfla, congrats on the wahoo. I caught one two years ago. I had just C&R a Striped marlin about 180 lb. The wahoo was around 50, and I thought it was a bigger marlin at first. Them guys are MEAN.

stuckinfla

They put up one h*ll of a fight....Im only 124pds, took me 50 minutes to get him in and every muscle hurt!!! Enjoy your trip & good luck with your RO top off unit!!!
ps......their called Dorado hear to, just not as often. Thats what running now. You dont like Mahi Mahi steaks? yummmmmyyyy
:D