Update on my new Dragon

myerst22

I have had my new male Hawaiian Dragon for almost two weeks. He finally ate for the first time 4 days ago. He took some fresh chinks of yellow fin Tuna I had caught. The dragon has good taste!!! He seems to be doing really well. When I released him initially I let him go on the opposite side of where the Millaris and Snowflake lived. Of course he swam right over to where they lived. They all hung out for about a week with no problems. Then the Millaris was kicked out of his home and the snowflake still hangs with the dragon but moves throughout the day. The Millaris has become far more active than before the Dragon introduction. Not sure if he is trying to get settled into a new cave?
ere the most recent pics of the Dragon and some pics of the poor Millaris who got booted out of his home. Anyone else besides Harley have a Dragon out there? Would love to see pics!!!! Or pics of any eel for that matter!!! Tim

mr_x

i don't have any experience with salt water aggressive fish, but i have to say, those are some interesting creatures!
thanks for sharing.

rotarymagic

I thought DMEs were pretty intolerant of other eels??? I know the Waikiki Aquarium has a DME with I think a zebra moray, it may have been a tessalted, I don't remember.

janscott23

My grandma what big teeth you have

sweet looking dragon and feeding him fresh tuna that you caught is even cooler
sound like you have the same 2 hobbys that I do keeping fish and catching fish
the cool thing about living near mayport is I allways have a supply of LIVE shimp to feed my fish but my SFE has shown no intrest in live shimp but eats every thing i hand feed.
what size tank you got.

myerst22

He seems very tolerant of the other two eels in the tank right now. I am going to remove the SFE soon. The DME is in a 180. Thanks, Tim

R

rcreations

Those teeth just creep me out. But it's one of the nicest looking eels I've seen.

myerst22

Obviously I cannot divulge that information on this site because of the rules here, and won't do so out of respect for them. They are available, quite abundant right now actualy. My sources have been calling me that they seem to be catching them pretty regularly, and small ones to boot. Here are some newer pics of my guy. He eats everything now. Even NLS pellets and will even eat pieces of algae sheets that float by. Regards, Tim

Some other new pics of the other eels.

Think these guys want some food????

ci11337

My Mom was looking over my shoulder while i was looking through your pics and she said "NO" before i even had a chance to ask...

myerst22

Funnt thats what my Mom used to say about my Pythons and Boas as a kid. Then I went ahead and got them anyway, which i don't recommend. She stayed out of my room from that point forward. Tim

salt210

those are def some wicked looking teeth. I now believe that my zebra is a sissy. it only has crusher plates in its mouth

as1720

Originally Posted by myerst22
http:///forum/post/2736217
Funnt thats what my Mom used to say about my Pythons and Boas as a kid. Then I went ahead and got them anyway, which i don't recommend. She stayed out of my room from that point forward. Tim

Now every kid that reads this thread is going to go out and buy a snake just to keep there mom out. Enless there mom is like me and already has 13 snakes. lol
Do all your eels live together?

myerst22

Yes for now but the Millaris I am going to be putting up for sale and the SFE to a good home. They all get along great, but i know i am asking for trouble sooner rather than later. In the 180, all three of them stay together in about 6 gallons. There must be 8 caves or tunnels they could have but they love this one spot.Tim

95harley

Very sweet. I was soo scared to mix mine that I moved my SFE and Golden to their own tank befor I got my DME. Mine ate the second night from hand.
I love him and would have multiple if I could.
Great eels. Congrats...

leopard_babe

Those things scare the crap out of me. lol. However they are cool, since beautiful would be a chick word.
I always wanted one in my agressive, but could not justify putting something in my tank that I was afraid of. Check out those pearly whites!!!

myerst22

Yes you do have a beautiful smile with those pearly whites. The Dragon actually has almost clear teeth and he is for sale or trade if anyone is interested. thanks, Tim