Upgrade suggestions / things that need fixing

S

shrimpy brains

I uploaded it, but it may have been in my album already, it went to the attachments area in the bottom as opposed to a thumbnail. Maybe because my thumbnails are full??

Ok, so this image, I dragged from thumbnails to attachments. Let's see......
Attachment 240798

S

shrimpy brains

Not sure. Try it with a pic that hasn't beeen used as a thumbnail.
That typing lag is really annoying!!

rlablan

+1 About the colors.
+1 ABOUT SMILIES
Also, I could be missing this, but the only way I can get to what was once the 'user cp' is by going to the quick links, then the drop down and subscribed threads. THIS IS ANNOYING Can we please just have the user cp buttom back, right next to all the other buttons. I just want to see the user cp and not EVERY SINGLE thread that I have ever posted in.
Its not like I am going anywhere, but this annoyance has seriously cut down on my posts and even time that I spend reading and learning on SWF.com because it just annoys me.
I DO NOT FIND THIS 'UPGRADE' VERY EASY OR CONVENIENT TO NAVIGATE.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by rlablan
http:///forum/post/3251358
Also, I could be missing this, but the only way I can get to what was once the 'user cp' is by going to the quick links, then the drop down and subscribed threads. THIS IS ANNOYING Can we please just have the user cp buttom back, right next to all the other buttons. I just want to see the user cp and not EVERY SINGLE thread that I have ever posted in.
Right next to your notifications, "My Prolife" is the equalivent to the UserCP (you can also click your name on the right next, under 'Welcome'). If you want to quickly edit your profile/settings, click "Forum Actions" (under the "What's New" tab), then "Edit Prolife/General Settings.

rlablan

Thanks AK.
That is really just my profile. Do you remember when it was the old site and you clicked user CP and it would go to a list of your threads that were recently written in or recently replied. That is the screen I am talking about. It used to be my home page and it is www.saltwaterfish.com/usercp. And when you're logged in, it goes right to a list of threads that you are involved... Does that make sense?

Now the closest thing is the 'subscribed threads' button in the drop down, but that is not really easily read(because of the colors and all that...) but also because it just isn't convenient like it used to be... :( I dunno... I liked the old one... This new site is kinda boring and cheap looking.

aquaknight

Hmmm... Not remembering it... All I've ever used, new site or old, was the "New Posts" button (outside of course, of going into each sub-topic). I definitely don't remember anything like "threads you were involved in." You can sorta quickly find all the threads that you've posted in by going to your profile then clicking "Finding All Posts" right under your profile picture. Is that it?
You can also click your name in any of your posts, and click 'View Forums Posts'

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3251301
I think someone needs to turn off their computer and go play outside.
The internet is a tool, not a way of life. You should not get so worked up over things that.... well... really don't matter in the scheme of things. It's just entertainment. When it stops being entertaining and evokes such anger.... you need new entertainment.
Not to beat the naysayers up, but what Cranberry says here has occurred to me several times over the past week as I see such negative passion expressed here over the temporary bugs in a fish forum. I've been here for 10 years, and I am very attached to SWF.com. Maybe more-so then most anyone else, however, its not my life and reason for being. I can live with the current problems and let the owners work through the issues.

stdreb27

Another IE 8 bug, I'm seeing. In the quick reply. If I quote someone. Then try and click somewhere else in the field. It will jump automatically to where my curser is in the quick reply field, instead of moving the curseor to where I was clicking.

geoj

Yes AquaKnight we see you can do it. The problem is we cant! The site has changed and we can’t find out how to do, what we expect the site to do. The idea in are heads is that an upgrade should give us a better experience, this is not what we have gotten. We need the info you have. Update the FAQs. Like my other post alludes to, most people just don’t come back, those that are complaining hope this site will fix what they see as a problem. You should view the complaining people as your loyalist members because that is what we are. Just disappointed to the point we must speak…

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I could see all that if we were told that we have to live with the current problems, but we haven't been told that. In fact, I know that the issues are being worked on. And yeah, some people who just lurk may move on because the search feature is dysfunctional, and all the nice pics we used to have on here are now simply boring links.