Urchin in my reef?

fishfood

My tanks is thriving right now and I was wondering about putting an urchin in there. Since adding a 250mh bulb over the tank I haven't been able to keep up with the coraline on the front of the tank and everything else is purple and pink. What else do they typically eat. I've changed over to mostly acros and clams and do not want to get something that may bother them. I also have numerous zoo polyps on one side of the tank. I'm not worried about them tearing into the coraline because I don't seem to have problems with it growing. Is there anything else i should worry about or consider?

striker

I've had two for about a year now in my small reef tank. They were hitchers and I was told to take them out and kill them. I value life in my small tank environment and decided to keep them. They occasionaly knocked over a coral when it wasn't placed correctly but other then that there have been no problems.

katara

As you can see in my sig. I have two and have had them for over 8 months.Never had a problem.I'm really not concerned w/coralline so I can't say whether or not they've slowed my growth down.IMO:go for it;)

nm reef

Personally I've avoided them because they tend to be like a bull in a china shop!
My lil 55 has 50+ corals and I'd hate to have a urchin that moved them around...but the choice is a personal one. :cool:

marco333

i have heard that the blue tuxedo urchin dosnt get verry big so is a good canidate for the reef aquarium