Venting!!!!!

guille

I'ts been quite busy lately I have had a hard time getting to the boards, sorry.
Here is my vent, ready?? hang on.
I have a part time job a t a LFS. I treat people the way I would like to be treated. I'm no tooting my own horn here. I would just rather be flat out honest and say I don't know. The owner has 30 years with salt water. I haven't seen him stumped yet.
The other day a lady and her young daughter 10-11 ish. came in. They were looking for a thermometer. Np. During the process we were talking, I ended up asking how big is the tank? "20 gallons" Thats good you know a damsel or 2 in a 20 gallon. Just starting out. No, no we have a Porcupine puffer, huh? a porcupine?? Yes, we were told it would be ok. Were you at another LFS? Yes they sold us the set up. oooooookkkaaaayyyyyy do you have live rock? yes this much ( about 3 lbs) Then I started to really wonder.
Where is your salinity? don't know the other LFS tested the water and said it was good. How long has this tank been up? About 24 hours. We mixed our salt like it said to on the bag, let it sit for half a day then added the fish. No prime drops or anything like that. The little girl said they told here she would have to wait a couple of weeks before adding more to the tank.
Like I said I'm not tooting my own horn but I really don't think I could go home and sleep at night knowing that I did that.

K

kikithemermaid

Oh. My. God. Some people, I swear.

Little girl is going to be crushed when the puffer dies, I love those.

guille

I was thinking the same thing, but it was hard for me to try and explain it without it sounding like I was trying to get a sale. Shreded freeze dried krill in a 20 gallon,,,,,,,,I give it 1-2 days that tank is going to melt down. It still chaps my behind when I think about it.

K

kikithemermaid

Hopefully they come back to your LFS and not the other one.

A

alexmir

Sucks to know that some poor fish are killed by unknowledgable people. STUPID LFS