Video of setup please check

mie

You are drawing in air from somewhere. Problably from a hose connection, you need to tighten all of your connections, i had this problem as well and that was the culpret.

ricky1066

Not sure where I notice if I face the return down in the water the bubbles stop But I am told it is supposed to face the surface to ski the water for movement I have no idea where it could be getting air from as you see it goes down and right up I am posting another video it might not work on the first try after I load it it takes them a while to upload it
But I moved my skimmer to the corner not so much an eyesore now
I am actually more concerend about the particles flying around Any idea on what they are?

Umm do you have the return hose like completely in the water with no potential of it kind of skimming the top, cause mine what it does is that when it barely touches the top of the water whole bunch of bubbles come out

ricky1066

I actually Had the guy in the store Put a piece on there of pvc which I am not sure if you can see which faces the floor so the water comes from the lowest part of the tank

OH cause im just saying that you know the actual whole of the outlet dont let it get close to the surface cause then it can make a little cyclone and blow bubbles into your tank, or the whole be half way in out and in the tank and itll blow the bubbles in like that, you know what I mean lol

B

bonita69

I have the same overflow as you and yes very loud! what I did was place a 2 inch thick styrofoam that came from my skimmer packing and traced the shape then cut to fit. It has a very snug fit and cut the noise LIKE WAY DOWN!! I can hear it a little if I am right up on the tank but my computer is 6 feet away and I CAN NOT hear it! I could hear it all the way upsatirs in my bedroom before I added this foam. My photo downloder is not working to up load new pics or I would show how it looks. Here is a "paint" drawing of what I did to mine. I have a filter sock on my overflow pipe that dumps into the sump since adding it I have no micro air bubbles returning to my tank But I have to clean it often.

rtspeed

sounds like your on the verg of a algea out break by you saying dust balls, but can't tell with out a pic.

reefmate75

sorry i have to ask...why isnt your heater and skimmer in your sump?
i would try getting that drain pipe away from the pass plate,...looks like some air is going up the pass plate as its going up.