Viper

my way

I don't have this persons e-mail, I don't even know if it is his photo album. If you guys keep locking and deleting my posts so I can't even contact the original poster of the link, how will I get to the bottom of this?

bronco300

i think just try to take it calmly and ask the original poster to email you in his thread..by accusing the poster of wrongdoings it will only ..,.just my opinion...but tell the guy to email ya, or ask for his email address,calmly..

bang guy

The original poster may or may not e-mail you, I hope they do. But ranting about how your personal problem is more important that everyone else in the Reef Tank forum isn't going to get you any help from most people.

shogun323

Myway. I have your issue solved!!! I was viewing the id thread as everything unraveled and looked around myself. What happened is this. The way that tarponizer posted the link to his picture in his thread causes the picture to open up in your default picture viewer which I assume is the default XP Viewer (see below). If you click on the forward or back button it will show you pictures that reside on your PC in the same location wherever the file you are viewing is cached. The good news is you are good to go and your system has not been compromised!!

ruaround

shogun i was thinkin the same thing!!!
please tell me that picture of c norris isnt on your PC...

shogun323

Originally Posted by ruaround
please tell me that picture of c norris isnt on your PC...

Hahaaaa no pics of CN on my computer. He is a loser. It made a great demo though!!!!!

shogun323

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
You're my hero Shogun.
Thanks Bang. I have my moments....... few and far between..... But as they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!!
Originally Posted by 1journeyman

LOL... I wondered why I couldn't see the LMB photo in question...
I made myself crazy going all through the hosters website looking for his LMB pics too!!! I am a stubborn IT guy and I couldnt let it go!!!

1journeyman

Exactly.... I'm at work so not many pics on this computer. I was like "this is one seriously lame photo album...'

my way

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
The original poster may or may not e-mail you, I hope they do. But ranting about how your personal problem is more important that everyone else in the Reef Tank forum isn't going to get you any help from most people.
I did not expect everyone to help, I wanted help from the original poster. I still think the risk of a members computer is more important than a coral ID.
How would you have handled this situation if you thought the security of your computer was comprimised? Also remember that I don't have the resources you as a moderator have. My only source was the original poster, but you thought his coral ID was more important. I am glad it turned out to be what it was, but I will always remember your lack of help on this matter. The only support I got from you was to e-mail the original poster, you as a mod should know barely anyone leaves access to their e-mails on this site. My only recourse was to make a fuss and get someones attention. I'm sorry to have taken time out of your day for something that at the time seemed important to me.
Viper I obviously don't need to e-mail you, thank you for making yourself available to help with this.

hot883

And by posting a reply with your pic. in it constitutes haking into your computer?
If you gave away your pass word then it would be possible but posting on here....................... :notsure:

1journeyman

Originally Posted by My Way
...How would you have handled this situation if you thought the security of your computer was comprimised? ....
My Way, I would have scanned my computer from multiple progrmas to look for the "hack".
I appreciate your concern, but let's look at the outcome; You accused a poster here of hacking your computer and stealing a photo. That poster was 100% innocent.
In the future if you have a concern simply ask a mod to contact you via email and discuss it that way.

viper_930

I still think the risk of a members computer is more important than a coral ID.
I would agree with you with this, but why choose one over the other? You could ask for the member's email and clear it up privately and he could continue with his coral ID.
Mods don't have access to member's emails any more than you do. I simply did a past search and found the member's email address as he posted it before.
I'm glad it got resolved as it did though.

my way

No I did NOT accuse a member here of hacking into a computer, from my understanding the album was not his as he said he had to ask his LFS about the pic. I WAS trying to find out who's it was. I'm sorry it was taken that way.

1journeyman

No I did NOT accuse a member here of hacking into a computer, from my understanding the album was not his as he said he had to ask his LFS about the pic. I WAS trying to find out who's it was. I'm sorry it was taken that way.
Glad it has been resolved. Also glad you're computer is secure!