Warning

hopkins6

I'm sure most of you know this or can infer it, but my powerhead fell from its suction cup things and was blowing directly on my montipora. This was happening the whole time I was at school and practice. The montipora turned white in places(dead most likely). But luckily I saw a few little polyps shooting up later, hopefully it will heal soon.

jocoxvt

A good way to prevent that is if you get the magnets and glue one side to the back of the power head and therefore the other obviously goes on the other side of the glass. The one's that I used (2 Seios and 1 MJ with no problems yet) was the "Twister Magnet". I hope your following what I did if not let me know and I can see if I can snap some pics and/or explain better. Ever since I have done this I will never go back to using suction cups just cant trust them.
jocoxVT

dragonboy

Yeah its bad I had it happen many times and I'm thinking of going that route using magnets but I have to find the cheap ones cause some of them cost a grip. But for now if you want them to stick back to the glass the key is to clean the surface of the glass or acrylic so it can stick to it. As neat as section cups do they eventually loose their ability to work so its better off getting a magnet they are more stable.

jocoxvt

The magnet I am talking about was no more than $10 I believe and like I said I know I would never switch back now.
jocoxVT

jocoxvt

Yeah no problem Hopkins I will get back with some pics shortly big Virginia Tech game right now so it may be a little while but definitely by tonight.
jocoxVT