We Are Considering Shipping to Canada

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
I've had questions from time to time about shipping livestock to Canada... and in the past we've always said no due to import regulations and customs clearances.
We have found a shipper who can handle the paperwork and still fulfill overnight delivery for most of Canada. I'm trying to decide if there is a significant enought interest in this to pursue it further.
Our Canadian customers would pay about $50.00 US for shipping plus the appropriate PST and GST for their order. The fish will arrive via overnight delivery to your home or office. All customs clearances and import duties would be covered by the $50 shipping charge.
Are there enough Canadians out there that would order Livestock under those circumstances?
I'd appreciate any feedback from our Canadian Members on the Board.
Go Leafs. Go Habs.
Thanks
Scott

coastie81

Alright well since you are considering shipping to a foreign country. How about shipping to puerto rico??? I am in the US military here and cannot get alot of things. It is still the US and I am looking to place orders and I know of several others that want to order certain livestock and they cannot get here from any vendor at all. Please help out. I have porposed this several times about shipping here.

thebeadlady

I'm in Canada and wish I could get some stuff shipped here....it would depend on prices and all..........
Any other Canucks..............
Karen

fatcat

Maby you could advertise on a canadian site.
There is a site that i go on there all locals (all within 200miles of me).
Alot of times they do a group order from ORA but they have to drive to the border to pick up, with SWF.com sell ORA stuff maby it mite be worth advertising on there.
PM if SWF.com is interested and i'll PM you the site.

keri

I'm Canadian and I think it would be a great idea!
+1 on advertising a bit on canadian forums as well, you will get a lot more interest.

dustyboy316

Please do it. I would make sure to buy a lot from you, especially if you have it still in a few years (when I graduate College and get some good cash). Is there any way you could ship inverts cheaper?
Anyways, thanks for trying to get this working.
Oh and Go Leafs Go!

dustyboy316

Oh and I'm going to add that there are a ton of canadians that live in towns without good LFS's. I have to drive at least an hour to find any SW fish. And I live in southern Ontario, the most heavily populated part of Canada.

J

jesse!

Originally Posted by Saltwaterfish.com
http:///forum/post/2909713
I've had questions from time to time about shipping livestock to Canada... and in the past we've always said no due to import regulations and customs clearances.
We have found a shipper who can handle the paperwork and still fulfill overnight delivery for most of Canada. I'm trying to decide if there is a significant enought interest in this to pursue it further.
Our Canadian customers would pay about $50.00 US for shipping plus the appropriate PST and GST for their order. The fish will arrive via overnight delivery to your home or office. All customs clearances and import duties would be covered by the $50 shipping charge.
Are there enough Canadians out there that would order Livestock under those circumstances?
I'd appreciate any feedback from our Canadian Members on the Board.
Go Leafs. Go Habs.
Thanks
Scott
I am extremely interested in SWF shipping livestock to Canada. This is a must, $50 US shipping charge is nothing when compared to how much gas is to get to Calgary for a decent selection and quality.
Thanks,
-Jesse

shrimpskin

Please please please ship to Canada, with a selection like yours, compared to what is available here you would be HUGE, and my bank account will always be empty!

tbayteeth

i believe that exportantion of aquatic animals to Canada is expensive for these companies due to CITES costs. Additionally, the only method to ordering fish from saltwaterfish.com is online only - at this time i understand that means US credit cards only with US addresses. I don't belive AVS works correctly for Canadian credit cards at this time on THIS site. I usually have fish delivered on the US side of the border at a local facility, pick them up and cross the border (i live 30 mins from the border) - no hassles, just taxes.

howdy

I would definitely be interested in buying from you if you started shipping to Canada. I certainly hope this comes to fruition. Please keep us posted as to what your decision is. Thanks in advance.

lady_bobo

YES !!!

I signed up just to post...
YES

I own 3 fresh water tanks and just got a 29 Gal Biocube with only sand and rock so far...
I did find a Friend attached to the rock and Your site actually had some information that wasn't conflicting...
I found this little guy...
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=4
I would be all over stocking my tank through you !