Week photo feature:Angelfish

fedukeford

I figured that NMreef isnt doing the weekend photo threads I'd start up something similar. Lets do angelfish this week, so post ANY angel pics you have!
to start it off heres a couple pics of the coral beauty I had in my 55 gallon until it jumped out onto the lights while I was on vacation.

I couldn't find any better pics...

fedukeford

well your pic is deffinatley better then mine...
come on people no one else wants to share their pics of angels?

maelv

HOT883, I thought most angels (Queen included) were not reef safe....is this tank not a reef? I ask because there are a couple of angels I have had my eyes on for my future reef, but have had to (sadly) take them off my wish list.

hot883

Originally Posted by maelv
HOT883, I thought most angels (Queen included) were not reef safe....is this tank not a reef? I ask because there are a couple of angels I have had my eyes on for my future reef, but have had to (sadly) take them off my wish list.
Every fish is different. It's hit and miss. Even if the description says it is reef safe that individual fish that you get may or may not be.
Mine are in my reef. The Queen did pick on a brain and some sea whips but that is it.

maelv

So what did you do with the corals th Queen was picking on? Did the Angel eventually leave them alone, or did you have to get rid of them? I know you just said it is hit and miss, would you recommend to get an angel (I love the Annularis) as a juvi in a well established reef? Hoping that at a young age, it won't get hooked on the corals?

hot883

Originally Posted by maelv
So what did you do with the corals th Queen was picking on? Did the Angel eventually leave them alone, or did you have to get rid of them? I know you just said it is hit and miss, would you recommend to get an angel (I love the Annularis) as a juvi in a well established reef? Hoping that at a young age, it won't get hooked on the corals?
I am not familar with the annularis. I did remove the items she was picking on.
I had a bi-color angel like the one posted above for about a year and she was a model citizen. Woke up one day and realized "hey, I hadn't seen her in awhile". Never did find her.

maelv

Originally Posted by hot883
I am not familar with the annularis. I did remove the items she was picking on.
I had a bi-color angel like the one posted above for about a year and she was a model citizen. Woke up one day and realized "hey, I hadn't seen her in awhile". Never did find her.

OH OH.....well thanks for the info....I am jumping ahead of myself...ha ha ha...i guess I should just get what I need to get my 135 up and running before filling it up...ha ha ha....but I am going to have to do some research on the Annularis, I think that fish is just stunning. Well thanks for the info.

sinaloa213

there is a queen angel about 3 in. in size and wanted it soooooo bad
i swear its hot883's angel's twin!!!!!!!
is it worth it taking the chance to see is its reef safe or not?