What do BTA eat?

texasstone5

I've just added two to my anemone and clownfish aquariums. The BTAs refused table shrimp and white fish. Any suggestions?
Also, I remember a post that mentioned BTAs being feed every 2 weeks. Is that typical? I feed my other anemones every 3 days.

viper_930

Every third day feeding is great.
How long have you had your new BTA for? Are the tentacles sticky at all? They like meaty foods like mysis shrimp, krill, squid, etc.

bret61081

I feed my BTA silversides...like 4-5 every few days...and cut up a large raw shrimp every week for it....but mine is huge so I have to feed it a lot to keep it happy! very cool little animals though! And once they find a spot....they don't move unles you really pi** them off! hehe!

texasstone5

I just got them in Tuesday. They are sticky, but not as sticky as other anemones that I keep (don't know if it is normal). Are BTAs usually very sticky, or just a little sticky?
They did get a little hot during shipping, and turned inside out. But they recovered within an hour of acclimation to my tank.

mr_bill

I feed mine raw pieces of large shrimp from the grocery store, and just the other day gave it a chunk of Mahi Mahi. I figure that if I can have it eat what I'm eating its a win/win situation.

texasstone5

Thanks for the advice!
They started eating (shrimp) and have gotten a little stickier. I did notice that they don't like my finger and eat better if I use plastic tongs to feed them.
One stays put and one has wondered around since I put it in the tank a week ago.