What do you do with tank when on vacation?

autofreak44

if you dont have any friends (just kidding) you can pick up automatic fish feeders at wall mart, and ull need the timer too.

autofreak44

oh yeah but you can only put flake in the feeder so its not a good long term idea (only a week max probably)

sigmachris

If you have friend / family feed for you, I would get one (or two if its a long vacation) of the weekly pill boxes. Its a plastic tray that you can put your pill / fish food in for Monday, Tuesday, etc. That way your substitute feeder won't over feed your tank and only feed it that amount you left for day X.

mommywyatt28

I have a hired person with refs. I leave all dry foods in a pill organizer. They have days on them, she knows of course dump mon. on mon. I also leave a note for what day to put in frozen foods & how to do that as a reminder. She had fed them for about 6 years. I have 55sw 70sw 55fw 38fw 3 cats 2 dogs and a turtle tank. She charges $100.00 per 7 days. That is litter boxes brushing dog baths and all. I would figure a tank care provider would be inexpensive. CHECK REFS though. I have never lost any fish.

rad

Originally Posted by autofreak44
if you dont have any friends (just kidding) you can pick up automatic fish feeders at wall mart, and ull need the timer too.

Ouch!
I cant wait untill I get popular so I can go on more vacations.

earlybird

If it's a short vaycay 3-4 days, some don't bother feeding at all. Fish will be fine. Just make sure you have your top off water and lights on a timer.