What do you feed your tank?

j.r. 1221

I was reading up on marine snow, and seperate zooplankton and phytoplankton products. I was also looking up rotifers,for coco worms.
I am new to reef keeping so I don't want to be sold 10 products when I really only need 4 or 5 total (corals and fish) I've had saltwater fish before, so i know what each of them need... I'm curious to know what you are using for your corals.
I plan on keeping torch, scoly, zoos, various brain and eventually a small amount sps. (montis, pocillipora, stylophora)
I've seen numerous people mention coral frenzy, anyone tried it???
***My main interest in the rotifers is that one of my lfs said coco worms require rotifers and i believe it was this site that said phytoplankton
Which is it? I would really like to eventually have a couple in my tank.

life~reefer

Well you don't have to feed most corals. For extra growth I use coral frenzy and have had positive results. Another good thing about coral frenzy is that it lasts a very long time.

lil.guppy

I feed my tank windex occasionally.

Coral Frenzy
Phytoplankton
Frozen Mysis
Brine Shrimp
I alternate these by the way

j.r. 1221

Thanks for the quick responses! How about the marine snow, any point in it for me? And ***feeding the coco worms, I would love to hear from those of you that keep them.

cedarreef

I feed my tank mysis and this stuff called Reef Chili which is like coral frenzy. The coco worms will benefit from phyto.

flower

Originally Posted by lil.guppy
http:///forum/post/3023408
I feed my tank windex occasionally.

Coral Frenzy
Phytoplankton
Frozen Mysis
Brine Shrimp
I alternate these by the way
+1 on everything except the Windex LOL... I also give them frozen Cyclops
Make sure to rinse all the frozen food or you will have phosphate problems.

j.r. 1221

Thanks everyone. When you feed your tank do you turn off your overflow or just shut down powerheads.
What works best?
I have a corner/overflow that flows down into my sump (in-sump protein skimmer). With 2 Koralia 4's and my return, there's quite a current in there.

goinbroke

i've been using phyto-pheast. it's all my lfs carries. all i can say about it is my carnation really open's up after i add a squirt!
i've also wondered if i should shut the flow down when i add.........

jonjpl

Originally Posted by J.R. 1221
http:///forum/post/3023417
Thanks for the quick responses! How about the marine snow, any point in it for me? And ***feeding the coco worms, I would love to hear from those of you that keep them.
I'm wondering about the Marine Snow too.........what does benefit from it?

fishieness

Filter feeders such as some sea fans/gorgonians, bivalves, and tube worms will benefit form it. But something like live phytoplankton would be more beneficial to all. It's crap, IMO.
I have a 10 gallon tank with mainly sps and a good number of lps, and some zoos. I feed:
baby brine shrimp
reef nutrition oyster eggs
mysis
cyclopse
and will also sometimes feed live spectra pellets, formula one flakes, and frozen formula one and prime reef. But the above are what I mainly feed.