What happened to my anemone?

powen

Can someone please help identify what went wrong here?
I have a pink tipped anmone that spent the day yesterday all shrivled up and now it has finally started to inflate. however, the tentacles no longer inflate to the tips.
what happened?
thanks in advance!

bang guy

Sounds like it's not happy about something. Could be many things.
Tell up about your setup including water parameters and lighting. Also include what you're feeding, how much, and how often. How long have you had the Anemone?

powen

the setup is a 120 gal tank. the PH is 8.3, the specifi gravity is 1.023. the nitrates are under 20. nh3 and no2 are 0. i am running about 50watts of light.
the anenome is a week old today. i have not fed it yet but i think it may be getting some table scraps from the skunk clown and anenome crab that have set up shop in and around it.
i am not sure but i think it may have started doing this after a 10% water change. but the water change did not affect the params noted above.
thanks for the help!

bang guy

Is that 50 watts of light or 500 watts of light?
Anemone typically require more food than just scraps. They don't look it but they are actually high energy animals.

powen

50 watts is all i got. its a full spectrum light, but it is definitely not metal halide.
what should i feed it and how?

bang guy

You're in uncharted territory for me now. I don't know if you can feed it enough to make up for the lack of lighting.
For feeding I'd suggest alternating between Scallops and Squid. Feed as much as it will eat every other day. If the tentacles are not sticky then skip that day.

powen

yeah i realize that there is a lighting issue now. i will try to correct that this week end.
thanks for the tips! put yourself down for a raise! ;-)