what is the worst injury you have ever had?

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by reefreak29
http:///forum/post/2838137
lol sorry
nice... nothing like an anatomy lesson...
I personally fell down this one set of marble stairs when I lived in indonesia when some ridiculous storm broke windows and water poored into the house... I slipped and fell the down the stairs and cracked my skull... it happened twice too, hahaha I'm surprised I didn't die. I was 6 years old.

maryg

I stepped in a small hole while getting to my car. I stepped off the curb into my parallel parking space and snapped my ankle. The stupid worker comp doc told me I only had a sprain or possible a hairline crack in my medial malleolus (inside ankle bone). I ended up with torn ligaments, pulled tendons, tendonitis (still fighting), nerve damage, tarsal tunnel syndrome from all the aggitation and swelling, 2 nerve repair surgeries, and so on.....

It will never be the same. I was casted on and off 6 times and in one of those damn walking boots for ever. I feel like a human barometer and can tell when the weather changes. I heard my mother say this all the time and now I have the same "power".
I was out of work for about a year and a half. I am no longer working as a medical assistant or OB tech. I can't stand on my feet that long. I miss the medical field sometimes (and the pay, lol..) and I miss seeing babies born. But I will be there when my grandchild comes in May!!

mboswell1982

hmmmmm, i guess ill post this after reading through all these, wasnt going to but oh well lol here goes
i used to be a bull rider, amateur only, however u spell that, but it was still a load of fun
my last ride on a bull of my life, i got hung up, bad, both hands ending up getting caught in my tie rope, dislocated both shoulders, severely, was rotating around on the one, broke somewhere between 4 and 6 ribs, cracked my skull in 3 places and broke my nose, took over 2 hours to put my one shoulder back in place.
and to top all of this off, i was at work the next morning, could barely move, but i was there daggumit, drunk as all get out LOL
and thats my worst accident ever LOL
btw, i will never, ever, tie myself onto another 2000lb animal and try to ride him, EVER

yearofthenick

when I was about 8 years old, my grandparents and uncle took me out on a dry lake bed so we could ride ATV's and stuff. They had a little Honda 50 for me and I was going wide open on that thing... felt like 100 mph but in reality it was more like 25-30. Well I hit a rock and went flying... flipped the bike and rolled for days. A few cuts and bruises, but nothing serious.
Then there was this one time I was 12 or 13, we were on a houseboats trip with a few friends and I jumped off the back of the houseboat and landed inside the ski boat that was docked next to it. I had bruises all up my leg and rear, but again, nothing serious.
My foot got ran over by the tire of my grandmother's Dodge Colt... no damage.
Man, I'm just screwing up this thread... I wish I had more serious damage, but thankful at the same time that nothing happened.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/2842946
when I was about 8 years old, my grandparents and uncle took me out on a dry lake bed so we could ride ATV's and stuff. They had a little Honda 50 for me and I was going wide open on that thing... felt like 100 mph but in reality it was more like 25-30. Well I hit a rock and went flying... flipped the bike and rolled for days. A few cuts and bruises, but nothing serious.
Then there was this one time I was 12 or 13, we were on a houseboats trip with a few friends and I jumped off the back of the houseboat and landed inside the ski boat that was docked next to it. I had bruises all up my leg and rear, but again, nothing serious.
My foot got ran over by the tire of my grandmother's Dodge Colt... no damage.
Man, I'm just screwing up this thread... I wish I had more serious damage, but thankful at the same time that nothing happened.

Better go run in front of a car so you'll have a story! j/k... what would we do without you?

R

rcreations

You guys had some scary injuries! Worst thing that ever happened to me was to cut the whole tip of my finger off. I was trying to cut something with a razor blade, I missed and instead cut off about 1/4 " off my finger. Another time I put a long nail right through my hand. Went in one side and came out the other. But none of these hurt a lot... nothing compared to some of the stuff I read here.

mboswell1982

well, ive had a 3 y/o stud horse pick me up by my shoulder and shake me like i was a rag doll lol ive been around horses and cows and dogs my whole life
there was another time i had to have a dog literally shot off my leg by a cop when i was animal control, that wasnt fun, but oh well, the joys of the job

nwdyr

for those of you that have not seen these yet...5 knee surgeries , 2 total knee replacements. All on the same knee and all in the last 18mo's

work related injury......work comp,,,,,,,not fun!!

yearofthenick

Originally Posted by Rotarymagic
http:///forum/post/2843017
Better go run in front of a car so you'll have a story! j/k... what would we do without you?

Hey, if I ever step in front of the bus it will be to test your theory about divine intervention... by which i shall pull a "Hancock" (the movie, which kinda sucked) and return unscathed.

yearofthenick

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2843103
for those of you that have not seen these yet...5 knee surgeries , 2 total knee replacements. All on the same knee and all in the last 18mo's

Man you need to stop kicking those concrete walls.

stdreb27

ugg, I couldn't read all of that.
The worst injury I ever had was playing baseball my freshman year of college. I got hit by a ball going about 95 directly on my upper lip. I had a pretty major concussion, don't remember what happened. All I know is the ball bounced over the backstop (that was 40 feet high) and waking up with about 8 people standing around me waving smelling salts. my lip swole up where I couldn't breath out of my nose. And I felt drunk for the whole week after that.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/2843139
Hey, if I ever step in front of the bus it will be to test your theory about divine intervention... by which i shall pull a "Hancock" (the movie, which kinda sucked) and return unscathed.
I like the train tracks test, it gives you time to admit you're wrong and walk away while you hearing the train coming and feel the vibrations in the tracks ;) lol.
Speaking of hancock, I still haven't seen it... I should though.
p.s. have you ever "stunted" on that 50cc? they're fun for crap like that lol.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2843103

I finall saw something nastier than those knee pics... there was a homeless guy sitting in a wheelchair at a light with those fat diabetic legs and most of his toes had already fallen off...
SICK....NESS......

yummysalt

Man, you guys have got it bad.
Mine does not compare at all, but here goes.
I was little and running on top of our fense was fun at the time. My foot slipped and ( you guys know the rest ) fense kicked me right in the bird nest. I was on the ground for a good hour learning how to breathe. LOL