WHAT IS THIS WORM THING IN MY OVERFLOW? ALSO THINGS ON MY CLOVE CORAL

reeferchief

Ok so here is the suspects in questioning. I have circled in red the things that need ID'ing. The first one here is a bunch of worm looking things on the overflow baffle side of my tank. The second one is of a bunch of mini shrimp looking bugs which are only in my overflow area. Last pic of clove polyp is these weird tube looking things with 2 tentacles on each of them. By the way the clove polyp is closed because it is morning and I also just plucked off 2 flatworm looking things...

slice

I'll take a stab, pending correction by others, of course.
1) Worm of some sort, are they hard tubes? possibly feather duster tubes?
2) Amphipods
3) either a Polychaete Tube Worm or a Vermetid Tube Snail, probably the former

bang guy

I see the same thing.
For #1 are they crawling around or do they have hard tubes that are immobile? They resemble Epitokes in form but they would be crawling around.

meowzer

#2...yes...amphipods
#3..vermitid
#1...YIKES....read this article

Planaria: How to Get Rid of White Worms in the Aquarium

Filed under Aquarium Care by Aquarium Care

Planaria
It can be an extremely upsetting feeling for the beginning aquarist…you’ve spent so much time researching your fish, setting up the aquarium properly and getting it up and running. The aquarium cycled well and looks beautiful, the fish are lively and in great health. One day, you turn on the light and notice filamentous white things on the sides of your aquarium. A closer inspection reveals that these aren’t just some weird algae, they’re actually thread-like white worms that are crawling up the sides of your aquarium.
First off, take a deep breath. This is a common problem. Your fish are not in imminent danger from the worms. Planaria outbreaks often occur due to overfeeding, too much excess food in the bottom of the aquarium provides an excellent environment for them to thrive. Improperly-cleaned aquariums in general can cause outbreaks, especially in carnivore tanks as their digestive systems tend to let a lot of nutrients pass through their bodies unabsorbed, making even more food available for the planaria.
Now for the bad news, while those little white worms won’t harm your fish (in fact, many fish love to eat them), the conditions that allowed them to thrive in your aquarium are potentially fatal if they’re not recognized and corrected. Excess food puts more ammonia into your aquarium system as it decomposes, which can cause deadly ammonia spikes. If the beneficial bacteria are sufficient to deal with the ammonia you will still see rising nitrate levels. While nitrates aren’t as dangerous as ammonia, it is still hazardous and must be corrected or it will eventually cause deaths.
To get rid of these worms, you have to remove their food source. Start with a thorough gravel vacuum and partial water change (30%-50% change) or, if preferred, stir the gravel on a daily basis until all the excess food and waste runs through your mechanical filtration. This should be accompanied by weekly partial water changes until all your parameters are within an acceptable range. The worms themselves can be removed if you really want them gone fast or if you’re trying to breed fish (they will eat fish eggs), though left alone the fish will probably eat them and the remainder will die of starvation as their food source is systematically removed from the aquarium.
While regular checks of the water parameters will help you identify problems before they become serious issues, I strongly recommend having a secondary precaution in place. Water maintenance products such as EcoBio-Block will go a long way toward keeping the parameters healthy and preventing ammonia spikes. EcoBio-Block keeps high levels of beneficial bacteria in the aquarium for up to two years, which can readily deal with these spikes. This product also provides essential minerals that the fish need to be healthy, ensuring they’re in peak condition to deal with any issues in the aquarium.
Planaria can be an unsightly problem. Luckily, they’re easy to deal with and it’s easy to correct the problems that caused them. If you’re new to fish keeping and don’t want to risk dealing with planaria or water quality issues, make sure you do your research on the care of your aquarium and its inhabitants as well as add in additional safeguards such as EcoBio-Block.

bang guy

Ahhhh could also be Dorvillea Polychaetes feeding on algae or bacterial film. See if you can observe a sissor like mouth.

reeferchief

Sorry forgot to mention that yes #1 the worms do moves. They move up and down that column there. I figured 2 are pods of some sort. #3 appears like tubes that they go back into and hide. I would have thought a mini feather duster but they only have 2 tentacles that move around.

reeferchief

Ok so after searching vermitid snails I came across a good site that has a lot of pictures of different hitchhikers. In this page I found somehthing that closely resembles picture 3 and it is called a spionid worms.which appear good. The main concern now is whats the moving worm things in my overflow area.

slice

I think we were waiting for an answer to Bang's question on the worm's mouth, or for more descriptive information in general.
Absent of further advice, I believe in:
If in doubt, throw out

reeferchief

Oh I didn't see the response to the mouth. I studied them pretty well yesterday. They do move sluggishly, but I do not recall seeing a mouth or at least details of the mouth..
I also agree with the statement, when in doubt, throw it out! Which will be the case if I don't get clear answer.lol

bang guy

The picture just isn't clear enough for me to give a positive ID.
This is the Dorvillea worm I was thinking it might be: