What R/O unit do you have?

bender77

The hubs is about to make me a water mixing station in the laundry room, complete with a dedicated water line. Now I need to find a r/o unit to dedicate just to tank water. I tried to search the board, but all the threads I kept getting were 10yrs old. So what are you using?

geoj

Item #: 1TYPHOONIII
Manufacturer: AWI
Mfg. ID: 1TYPHOONIII
and
Item #: POWERSTATION
Manufacturer: AWI
Mfg. ID: POWERSTATION

mr. limpid

I have had a Corallife 3 stage with DI 50gal. for 6 years I like it. Have it installed in the laundry room on the back wall at washer Y off the cold water line with a garden hose adapter put the discharge water in to washer or the washer discharge. Change out prefilters ever 6 months, back wash membrane every month, test water every 6 months with TDS. Read somewhere that membranes do not need to be replaced every year so its been 1 year 6 months on membrane still 0 on TDS.

acrylic51

I personally built my own, but AirWaterIce makes nice units as mentioned. BRS makes nice units as well. Honestly the components are all the same. Some units just have more features. Key selling point IMO opinion is ask about membrane. I want the highest rejection rate as possible.

1guydude

Air, water, and ice unit here....
typhoon3 75gpd unit with RO/DI...
I did have to order a pressure gauge, TDS meter, and a hose adapter as well....
i simply take it in the back yard and screw it in and it makes me my 0 tds water! Love it, way better tahn hauling the jugs back and forth to the store. You'll prob wanna get the filter wrench too...for $3.00 its a lot of help im sure!

tangs rule

Spectrapure 5 stage unit, dual TDS meters (in/out), 90gpd. Best 225 I ever spent. Prior to that I had a little kent marine 50gpd 3 stage that I used for a decade.

habsfan

Water General RD102. Great product, great price. Had it for years now. Comes with gauge and wrench. Website is great too.

tur4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangs rule http:///t/388112/what-r-o-unit-do-you-have#post_3420775
Spectrapure 5 stage unit, dual TDS meters (in/out), 90gpd. Best 225 I ever spent. Prior to that I had a little kent marine 50gpd 3 stage that I used for a decade.
Same. I run a 5 stage Spectrapure MaxCap RO/DI 90gpd. I also purchased SpectraPure's Auto Shut-off Valve Float Kit. I got a 75 Gallon holding tank from plastic-mart.com. My setup works quite well for me.