What salt brand do you use?

X

xrobbx03

I have been using istant salt and found it to be very cheap and works well

diane4

I use instant ocean also, not the reef crystals, just the plain instant ocean. it mixes fast and is consistant. I don't mix brands or try anything else.

jonnywater

I heard good things about the new Seachem stuff. I started with Coralife and switched over to the 200 gallon buckets of Tropic Marin around two weeks ago. As per usual I try to do two 15% water changes per week and it seems that what little amount I have in my tank is doing EXTREMELY well on the new Tropic Marin Reef Mix. It says on the bucket the entire list of all 70 trace elements that it guarantees are present, and the fact that it guarantees that it is Nitrate and Phophate free. Plus the Reef Mix has higher amounts of calcium in it. Since I switched, my polyps have been opening a lot wider with much more vivid color. My algae problems with green hair is going away at an extremely quick rate and nearly every animal that I have in my tank is mating for some odd reason.
I dose with Seachem Marine Buffer. It maintains your PH guaranteeing that it will not overdose - ever, and also adds alkalinity back at the same time. Plus it contain calcium, strongium, blah blah blah and I am thinking about trying some Red Sea trace elements or that Comber-whatever that is made by Little Fishies./

joe123

Anyone With Oceanic Sea Salt? I Just Bought A Bucket And Haven't Used It But Once For H20 Change. No Problems So Far And I Got It For Cheap So That's A Bonus !!!! So Far So Good!

rberhow

We started out with Instant Ocean but our calcium was always low. We switched to Kent and are on our second water change with it and the difference is definitely noticeable, especially with our LPS. Our closed brain looks wonderful and full, along with so many of our other corals.

mystic7

Just got my setup 2 days ago so I can't vouch for the quality, but the LFS sold me Kent. Anybody have any problems using that brand?

jayc

Finally someone else that uses kent. lol I've been using it every since I setup my tank which has been about 5 months now. No problems at all.
Josh

caomt

i found this web site that sells salt 50 gallons for like 12 dollars... i gotta find the site its in one of my favs

mystic7

Originally Posted by JayC
Finally someone else that uses kent. lol I've been using it every since I setup my tank which has been about 5 months now. No problems at all.
Josh
It's almost like finding a long lost brother, isn't it?

Thanks for the info. At least my LFS sold me SOMETHING that wasn't crap!

jayc

Originally Posted by mystic7
It's almost like finding a long lost brother, isn't it?

Thanks for the info. At least my LFS sold me SOMETHING that wasn't crap!

murray bmf

I used to use Instant Ocean and was extremely happy with it, but switched to Oceanic because of the 5 gallon pre measured bag. This "pouch" is premeasured and easy to mix, just dump it in a 5 gallon jug and your done. I have had good results with both. I think basically they are all the same.