what type of algae is it

snakeblitz33

Without a microscope, you can not get the specific species name.
I would say it's some type of "greenwater." Still though, without a microscope - it's impossible to tell.

sooraj

ok it is freshwater algae and can i make it saltwater by just putting salt ? if yes then how much
i want to growing this for my brine shrimp SO PLS HELP

tank a holic

If you want to make it saltwater then you need to empty it of the fish, water, gravel and everything, clean it and start from scratch

btldreef

You recently posted these pictures in another thread. You can clearly see that the first picture is a filthy freshwater setup, there are goldfish swimming in the tank. It's possible that the second picture is phytoplankton, but there's really no way to tell from that picture.
You can not simply just add salt and make it a saltwater tank. The tank needs to be properly cleaned and re setup with the proper equipment. The gravel that's in there now, for example, will not work for saltwater. I suggest that you read through the Recommended Threads in the New Hobbyist section to start learning what is involved with setting up and maintaining a saltwater tank.

sooraj

and both of the picture shown are freshwater algae
and i want to start from the beginning in 5 -6 bottles
i am ready with the 5 bottles 3 air pump and aquarium salt
the bottles are of 1 ,1.5 ,2 ,2 ,2.5 liters
how much salt should i add to each

sooraj

he algae came to my aquarium because of overfeeding for one day the aquarium was cloudy and and the next day the algae started to raise

S

smallreef

Okay first of all you cant just add salt to a fresh water ? tank (mess) and make it salt water...
then,
we dont measure saltwater salinity as high as 40-50..
the HIGHEST you want to go is 30ppm (that is if you are using a refractometer not a hydrometer which would be 1.025 ish at 74 degrees)
Going from fresh to salt is more than just adding salt and changing your fish..

tank a holic

Salt mixes have the mixing instructions on the bag, most are 1/2 cup salt mix to 1 gallon water, it may varry though. You can usually find a swing arm hydrometer at any store that sells salt mix. air bubbles cause salt creep, this is when the bubbles burst and tiny droplets land on a surface and evaporate, the salt is left behind and you will have salt everywhere
I dont know what you mean by normal salt but Instant Ocean is good and readily available. You cant use plain old table salt