What Type Of Mushroom?

debdeb

Can anyone identify this mushroom for me? It's pretty large, about 3 1/2" in diameter when fully expanded. It is much greener in the center than this picture show. It glows very flourescent under my actinics. I would love to have more but so far it hasn't reproduced and I'm afraid to frag it.
(I had this in the photo forum, should have been here, sorry)

fishgeek01

its called an elephants ear mushroom, i have seen them upwards of 12 inches across, they are quite neat at that size, and clownfish will even host in them. i have a friend that has 3 that are about 10 inches across each, and his clownfish nests in them

bonebrake

It doesn't really look like an elephant ear to me, but if it is, elephant ear mushrooms eat fish.
A gentleman posted recently about disappearing clownfish and after adding a fifth clown he finally figured out where they were going (in the elephant ear mushroom AKA: Giant Cup Coral). Another individual posted several pictures of his giant cup coral and said it ate a hawkfish a long time ago, but it had not eaten anything in awhile, until it dined on a 5" dwarf lion. His elephant ear was about 12" in diameter.
In my opinion, it looks like a random discosoma spp.

hot883

Originally Posted by Bonebrake
It doesn't really look like an elephant ear to me, but if it is, elephant ear mushrooms eat
fish.
I gentleman posted recently about disappearing clownfish and after adding a fifth clown he finally figured out where they were going (in the elephant ear mushroom AKA: Giant Cup Coral). Another individual posted several pictures of his giant cup coral and said it ate a hawkfish a long time ago, but it had not eaten anything in awhile, until it dined on a 5" dwarf lion. His elephant ear was about 12" in diameter.
In my opinion, it looks like a random discosoma spp.
I agree, I have about 50 of them. They are not E.Ears IMO.