Whats a good starfish for a 125 FOWLR

prime311

I already have a chocolate chip star. Is there any other stars that would play well in the tank? I had(and lost) a brittle, probably due to acclimation shock, but I'd like to get one(or several) that will be seen more often.

olga21

I had a pin cushion sea star that was always out, but my favorite is the tiger serpent. However, I dont see the tiger except at night.

ophiura

What sort of fish do you have in the tank? What are your parameters? How much LR do you have?

prime311

Its an aggressive tank. Porc Puffer, Flame Angel, Harlequin Tusk, One spot Foxface, and a Snowflake Eel. Nitrates around 30 or so and ~150 lbs. LR. None of the fish seem interested in trying out the Starfish or Urchin I have in the tank as food(other inverts have not been so lucky).

Well, who wants to deal with a mouthful of spokes LOL. I have a Rose Pin cushion urchin that was give to me by a friend of mine, and it is so active, I love would a black long spine, but they will ear Coraline algea to :(

ophiura

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2876898
Its an aggressive tank. Porc Puffer, Flame Angel, Harlequin Tusk, One spot Foxface, and a Snowflake Eel. Nitrates around 30 or so and ~150 lbs. LR. None of the fish seem interested in trying out the Starfish or Urchin I have in the tank as food(other inverts have not been so lucky).
It is likely just a matter of time. Both the puffer and the tusk are natural predators of stars. The only stars I would try would chocolate chips, generals and Red African stars, which are alll close relatives.