What's up with this salt?

hatessushi

I just mixed 20 gallons in a 40 gallon garbage can for QT water changes. The water was clear at about 1.18 SG so I add some more salt like I usually do to bring it to 1.22 SG. About 30 minutes later the water is all cloudy. I've been doing this with the same salt for about 3 weeks now. The salt is Tropic Marin Pro. I use 2 Maxijet 900's for mixing, and the temp was at 77.5 at the time I just checked it. Anyone know why just the salt would look like it's precipitating? Anyone know how to fix it? I haven't used any additives.

hatessushi

I haven't had this problem with Tropic Marin until now. Like I said before I have been using it for 3 weeks now. Before that I used Oceanic and switched because the PH was to low all the time and the calcium was way up there. I thought switching to what I thought was a better salt because of all the hype and even the price was high but once again the calcium is high and PH is low with Tropic Marin Pro. I guess I will have to switch salts again. Maybe one of the cheapest salts is better.

mandarin w

Tropic Marine is very good salt. I would give it a little bit and see if it clears up. Maybe there was something in the bucket from the last time.

hatessushi

The salt is sealed in thick plastic inside a bucket. That's the way it came when I bought it. I haven't had any problems with this salt disolving. There is not salt on the bottom either.