Whats wrong with my rainbow monti?

premilove

trates are at 5-10
trites and ammon are 0
tank specs
28 gal jbj nc
150watt mh
it looks like it got worse..right now the brown looks like its peeling off the frag..is there any way i can save it?
also, i am trying to test my CA, but i lost my directions to my sera test kit and i dont remember how to use it! im searching all over google and i cant find it! pleaseee help me!

wattsupdoc

Can you get a better pic? You can tell anything by that one. How long have you had it? How do you handle your calcium and alkalinity additions? Where is it placed in the tank? What lighting? How much flow? What size tank? You need to know exactly where you calcium and carbonate hardness are at and those need to be kept within a specific range to keep SPS's or any stony coral for that matter.

nycbob

u really shouldnt hv any nitrate in ur system when keeping sps. from the way u sounded, ur monti is a goner. what other corals do u hv currently?

premilove

its a jbj 28 gal. 150 watt mh. it was placed in the middle but it still had direct light on it. i placed it at the top of a rock so its just underneath the surface right now. i really think i lost it. i have a bunch of acans, zoas, and a maze brain.

premilove

i really dont remember how to usee my calc tester. i lsot the directions so therefore i cant really test my ca. im gona try to keep the monti as high as i can and see how that works. although, i think its gone.