What's your favorite beer(s)?

1911_guy

I'll go first...
Amber from The Glacier Brewhouse (microbrewery in Anchorage, AK)
Hefeweizen from The Moose's Tooth Pub (microbrewery in Anchorage, AK)
Sam Adam's Boston Ale
Killians Irish Red

windmill

If I have the money I'll buy Boddington's over any other.
Next would be Heineken, Guinness, Rolling Rock, and currently i've had a taste for Bud Select. Back in my dirt poor days I used to buy 40 ounces of Steel Reserve for less than 2 bucks. I don't care who you are, a 40 ounce of the Reserve will get you drunk. Highest alcohol content of any beer i've seen - if I remember correctly it's like 7.2 or 7.6. Some old favorites include Fat Tire, Top Down, Pete's Oktoberfest, Killians and Red Stripe.
I tried something I shouldn't have the other night - Shiner Bock Dunkelweizen. Anybody make the same mistake as I? There was another monstrosity called Hoegaarden that I couldn't bring myself to finish. In case you can't tell, i like beer. Back when I had the money, I'd pick up a different sixpack almost every other day.

schneidts

Originally Posted by 1911_Guy
I'll go first...
Amber from The Glacier Brewhouse (microbrewery in Anchorage, AK)
Is that bottled and sold locally? When I was in Anchorage in '98 I had an amber in a big red bottle with a resealable top(like Grolsh bottles only red...if you've ever heard of Grolsh) ...it was like nectar. I think it had a picture of a boy or man on the front...it was yummy. Would love to get my hands on it again!

chipmaker

Victoria Sweet or Victoria Courage (austrailian)
Pilsburg or Bitburger (Germany)
Genesee Cream Ale (American)
"33" (France and South East Asia)
I buy mainly imported beers fromthe CLASS 6 store on the local military base who carries a good stock of imported beers most beer drinking GI's usually get used to over a period of time when deployed to those places.

aw2x3

If I'm going out to a local bar, just hanging out, I'll drink bottles of MGD, Heinie and Miller Light Drafts.
If I'm having a party/chilling out at home, I'm drinking 312, by Goose Island, Kirin Ichiban and Asanti (both Japanese beers).

1911_guy

Originally Posted by schneidts
Is that bottled and sold locally? When I was in Anchorage in '98 I had an amber in a big red bottle with a resealable top(like Grolsh bottles only red...if you've ever heard of Grolsh) ...it was like nectar. I think it had a picture of a boy or man on the front...it was yummy. Would love to get my hands on it again!
I'm not sure if it's sold locally, I haven't looked for it...just have a few when I go to the Brewhouse. I'll look around next time I get out.
AW2x3...I'm going to have to try those Japanese beers, something new.

dual45s

Hey! Someone else that's heard of Ichiban. I usually only drink that with sushi though. Awesome AW2x3. Best stuff I've ever had I can't find anywhere. O'Hara's. My metals teacher had it in the art fridge and we enjoyed the hell out of it. Haven't had it since. College days it was High Life and tons of it. I, too, will have to throw my hat into the Guinness/Sam Adams ring.

aw2x3

1911_Guy...they're both fantastic beers!...some of the best tasting stuff I've ever found. 312 has a little bit more of a "kick" to it. You can definately tell it's not your typical domestic beer.
When I was in Chicago, I could find both at the local grocery store, but now that I've moved back to Southern IL, I have to drive to a speciality liquor store, 30 min away, to find either.
I went cheap, this past weekend...a friend had a party at his house (well, it was me, him and 5 girls...good party!), on Sat night...and I put back an 18 pack+ of Miller Light cans, by myself. lol!

mrdc

Well it looks like most of you people are into dark beers. I tend to buy Coors but I will try all brands. If I am at a bar, I do like New Castle and Guiness on tap. This past weekend I tried Sam Adams Cream Style which wasn't bad. However, if I am at someone else's place and they offer me a beer, I say sure and don't even ask what kind! So I am not picky...but free beer always seems to taste better