What's your favorite coral?

pegasus

There are many corals that I love, so it's hard to narrow it down to just one. IF I have to choose only one, I'd have to go with the Pavona Frondifera. I drooled over this coral for about 1 1/2 years, and when ORA started providing them in mass production, I jumped on it. It was a cute little coral, but it had some difficulty adapting to my tank. It browned out, and I thought I had lost it. I didn't give up on it, moved it to a shady spot, and it started it's comeback. It's made a 99% recovery, and it's starting to make "babies" around it's base. It's not a fast grower, but I've seen pictures of mature colonies, and they are breathtaking. It may take a year or two to take shape, but I'm willing to wait. Good things come to those who wait, right?

7/5/14:
1A.jpg

10/1/14
2A.jpg

10/20/14
3A.jpg

12/7/14
4A.jpg

1/13/15
5A.jpg

2/21/15
6A.jpg

mandy111

Wow, i have so many favorite corals to chose from. I like colors so my 2
photo 4.JPG
photo 1 (2).JPG
favorites in my tank would be these
Gonipora, & Lobo

snakeblitz33

Beautiful pictures, Mandy. I'm jealous of your tank.

My favorite corals are any SPS coral... You name it. Different colors, different morphs and shapes, different growing patterns and everything - it's pretty cool to see a fully grown in SPS tank.

mandy111

Beautiful pictures, Mandy. I'm jealous of your tank.

My favorite corals are any SPS coral... You name it. Different colors, different morphs and shapes, different growing patterns and everything - it's pretty cool to see a fully grown in SPS tank.
I only have a few SPS, Believe it or not I actually think I prefer LPS they seem to move and be alive more. I am fairly new to this reefing game so might change direction at a later date. It seems that your not considered a reefer until you have full tank of SPS... ouch....lol

pegasus

I only have a few SPS, Believe it or not I actually think I prefer LPS they seem to move and be alive more. I am fairly new to this reefing game so might change direction at a later date. It seems that your not considered a reefer until you have full tank of SPS... ouch....lol
That's not necessarily true, although the "hard core" SPS folks might argue otherwise. I find LPS to have, like you said, to be more alive. At least the move. Beautiful gonis, by the way!