White clown fish?

dustyboy316

Hey. My one clown was looking a little weird this morning when I turned on the lights. He had a white/pale look to him. It's been about 2 hours and he looks to have regained colour.
Don't know if this is normal... I haven't made many water changes, so I'm going to do that today and hopefully he's not sick...
So should I be worried?

scsinet

Generally speaking, I'm not fan of doing "blind" things to an aquarium, such as changing water without knowing why you are changing it. Do you have a list of water parameters that suggest a change is necessary? Regardless, changing the water is a beneficial act regardless.
As for your fish... many fish change color at night. I've not observed clownfish doing it, but given that the color came back after the lights came on, I'd say this behavior, in and of itself, is not reason to panic. Do you have other fish in the tank? What is their behavior?

dustyboy316

Originally Posted by SCSInet
http:///forum/post/3129774
Generally speaking, I'm not fan of doing "blind" things to an aquarium, such as changing water without knowing why you are changing it. Do you have a list of water parameters that suggest a change is necessary? Regardless, changing the water is a beneficial act regardless.

As for your fish... many fish change color at night. I've not observed clownfish doing it, but given that the color came back after the lights came on, I'd say this behavior, in and of itself, is not reason to panic. Do you have other fish in the tank? What is their behavior?
That is basically why I'm doing it. It's time for a change anyways, tank is getting way too dirty. But I have 2 clowns in there and they're both acting pretty normal actually, which is good. They ate last night and I didn't think anything was wrong, just I haven't seen him change colours like that. It was definetly strange.