Who has a Red Sea Prizm Skimmer??

808smokey

I was thinking about buying this skimmer and I was wondering how noisy it is? My tank is in the TV room and don't want it to make a lot of noise.
Thanks

I had one in my bedroom and I could sleep just fine. You should definatly be fine with one in your tv room. Their pretty decent skimmers for the price too IMO. I wish I could still run mine, but all I had room for in my sump was a berlin air lift :nervous:

ekclark

I had one and it was kind of noisy. Maybe I just had a bad one or something...I didn't care for mine and replaced it.

rwhite

We're using one in our den/tv room and only notice it every once in awhile. I have heard that they can be noisy too, but I dont have any comparison so I dont think ours is noisy. And,besides, we cant hear anything over the surround system anyway.

drakken

I have one on a tank in the TV room and one in the bedroom. I can hear it but I wouldn't say it's loud.
BTW, they are on sale for $59 if you look around.

zap800

i have used my prizm for about 2 years and never had a munufactures problem. i have had me being a dump ass problems. i have the upgrade kit on mine and that is a must buy for anyone that has the standard. i fill my basket with carbon and change it out every other week. i also stuff it with poly fill and run it for about 2 days to polish the water a bit. i adjust mine the same way as others discribe it. make sure the water colum is around the half way piont in the neck of the cup. every day i pinch the air hose off to purposefully make the skimmer flow into the cup for around 5 sec. this keeps the top just a bit cleaner. imo .