WTB - $$ Coralline Algae slushie!

thud

I will pay someone (US only please, preferably east coast) via paypal to scrape a large amount of coralline algae off of their tank wall, into a ziplock bag and ship it to me.
I want to seed a tank and do some other experiments.
Make me a purple slushie! I'll pay $20 - $30, if interested in doing this for me, please send a picture of your tank wall and the coralline algae.

thud

Originally Posted by renogaw
thud that rock didn't help? i can scrape my glass and suck it up for you if you'd like
Oh I'm just looking for more for another tank

You think you could scrape the back of your tank and make a slushie for me in a ziplock bag? I'll pay shipping?
I'm looking for a deep purple slushie though..

cham

Can I just send you a small piece of rock with heavy purple coraline on it?
I'm on the east coast, Orlando FL

thud

Originally Posted by cham
Can I just send you a small piece of rock with heavy purple coraline on it?
I'm on the east coast, Orlando FL
I'm specifically looking for corraline scrapings, sorry!

renogaw

what i've been doing is scraping my ubend and putting it back into my tank. If you want, i can just dump it into a water bottle so it doesnt leak and send it to you. gimme an email mjwag1975 at cox.net

cgj

Check a good LFS... one out in framingham literally had THICK coralline plastered all over the walls of their coral sales tank. I estimate they had somewhere around 4-5 square feet of coralline on the walls. It just wont stop growing. I paid 5 bucks for a whole square foot and they through in two pieces of PVC piping (used to hold corals upright) that were thoroughly encrusted.
Every few days i'll break off a small piece, maybe 2 in square, and grind it up to powder with a mortar, and then dump the pink water/powder into the tank. It has greatly accelerated the rate of coralline growth as the first stage green and some purple are poppin up all over.
I also bought a nice 2 pound piece of live rock from another LFS that was THOUROUGHLY covered. It takes time and careful calcium dosing I guess.
Anyone have any feedback about how to do the lighting for coralline? I leave my Blue acticnics on earlier, and later than my 10,000K.

trainfever

Place a flexible plastic cup in your tank up high near your lights. For some reason, Coraline grows quickly on plastic. Just look at everyones overflow tubes and other plastic items. Then when there is enough coraline on the cup, just flex it a bit and the coraline will come off in flakes spreading throughout your tank.

thud

If you don't mind, can everyone with coralline algae growing in their tank post the following average water parameters?
dKH/Alk:
Calcium:
Phos:
Nitrates:
If anyone else would like to sell some of their coralline, I'm still interested.

renogaw

my calc averages between 360-400, dkh usually around 8, near zero phosphates, never any nitrates.
I do though use b-ionic and that has helped my coralline grow quite a bit

jerthunter

I would send you some of mine but lately it has stopped growing as fast. If I can get it going fast again I'd gladly help you.
I keep my calcium around 400 ppm and I try to keep my alk over 8dKH. It seems to do best the higher my alk is...